Sexual discrimination in football

Is it fair that female players don't get paid?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is it fair that female players don't get paid?

• Yes it's totally fair
    • No its totally unfair
    • It doesn't bother me either way
    • I think it's sexist
    • I don't think its sexist

Football, Cricket, Rugby, Boxing, Ice Hockey = typically Male

Tennis = Male /Female

Beach Volleyball = Female

Choose your sport wisely if you want to make money :wink:

ummmmmmmmmmm yeah im a footy player but ill play hockey just so i can earn money.. yeah .. wise guy... :confused:

ummmmmmmmmmm yeah im a footy player but ill play hockey just so i can earn money.. yeah .. wise guy... :confused:

But your not a 'professional' footballer though, so why should you get paid ?

If no one is prepared to pay you to play football, then what exactly do you think is unfair ? Get a couple of thousand people to watch your matches and charge em....good luck :huh:

its only unusal because ladies have never been given the same opportunities.. if we did have the same opps from the beginning of womens football, then it wouldn't be weird/odd whatever to watch now. its cos your not used to seeing it on tv etc.. again, the market isnt there cos some high and mighty MEN prefer to pay the guys instead. lets take the men out woMEN and the game and see how many numbers we get at the gates then..

I'm sorry, I just don't think it's about sex, I think it's about quality & what the general public want to see.

Take for example Sunday League Football. These teams are in the exact same position as you guys, having to rely on lifts to matches, provide their own training facilities & funding etc beacause the market for anything less than Pro just isn't there.

When we have Ladies that are up to the standards of players like Messi, C. Ronaldo, Rooney, then the market will be there, and at this moment in time, this isn't the case.

People just don't want to see mediocre football, they want the highest standards, it's just the way it is i'm afraid.

where exactly did i mention ME GET PAID???????????????????????? I said RULFC and also think i mentioned DONNY ROVERS BELLES.. the teams that SHOULD be paid.. why should Man U and the rest get paid then?? either treat women and men equal or dont pay them at all.. like i say,, (AND BTW NO ONE HAS MENTIONED SINCE).. if the men stopped getting paid, how many would still wanna play...

Don't take this as sexist or owt, but woman cant even kick a ball right from a goal kick very rarely does it hit the half way line, its Sunday league style some of it to be honest.

i totally agree, im not saying all should be paid,, but these clubs such as donny belles, rulfc, arsenal etc.. the ones in the premier womens.. the ones who would be professional.. these are the ones who should be earning. when i played, i would have been at the standard to get paid, but now (if i still played) i wouldnt expect to be earning as i just go to the field for a fun kick around..

where exactly did i mention ME GET PAID???????????????????????? I said RULFC and also think i mentioned DONNY ROVERS BELLES.. the teams that SHOULD be paid.. why should Man U and the rest get paid then?? either treat women and men equal or dont pay them at all.. like i say,, (AND BTW NO ONE HAS MENTIONED SINCE).. if the men stopped getting paid, how many would still wanna play...

You really have lost the plot, your equality theory will get little sympathy on here I'm afraid, would you pay to watch me pole dance ?

I'm sorry, I just don't think it's about sex, I think it's about quality & what the general public want to see.

Take for example Sunday League Football. These teams are in the exact same position as you guys, having to rely on lifts to matches, provide their own training facilities & funding etc beacause the market for anything less than Pro just isn't there.

When we have Ladies that are up to the standards of players like Messi, C. Ronaldo, Rooney, then the market will be there, and at this moment in time, this isn't the case.

People just don't want to see mediocre football, they want the highest standards, it's just the way it is i'm afraid.

EXACTLY, quality.. these sunday leagues that men play in means these particular men are not good enough to play professional.. but if they were to be good enough and play for man u for ex.. then he'd be paid 1000's.. this is exactly my point for the women,, some are ok for sunday leagues but some should be professional and paid same as men.. i think i just explained it well enough there