Sexual discrimination in football

Is it fair that female players don't get paid?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is it fair that female players don't get paid?

• Yes it's totally fair
    • No its totally unfair
    • It doesn't bother me either way
    • I think it's sexist
    • I don't think its sexist

EXACTLY, quality.. these sunday leagues that men play in means these particular men are not good enough to play professional.. but if they were to be good enough and play for man u for ex.. then he'd be paid 1000's.. this is exactly my point for the women,, some are ok for sunday leagues but some should be professional and paid same as men.. i think i just explained it well enough there

But you've not explained anything!!!

Name me a female player that is up to the standards of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Terry, Lampard, Tevez, Drogba, Gerrard, Kaka.....even players from 'lower' leagues such as Jermaine Beckford, Rob Earnshaw, Michael Chopra. This is the point i'm making; unless I have watched the matches when Arsenal Ladies were having a really bad, terrible day (as they are the best UK ladies team going to my knowledge), then they're not worthy of the same pay, sorry. You're barking up the wrong tree. It's like saying that Medical Students should command the same wage as top Surgeons!

From what i can gather English womans football seems a bit like the Premiership but even worse, any decent player seems to go to Arsenal straight away, don't Arsenal ladies win like 6-0 every game, maybe its the competition which is holding the females back and the lack of male opponents.

Elaine Badrock

Amanda Barr

Gail Borman

Sammy Britton

Joanne Broadhurst

Karen Burke

Gillian Coultard

Tracey Davidson

Lorraine Dobb

Becky Easton

Aran Embleton

Vicky Exley

Jo Fletcher

Pat Firth

Leanne Hall

Jody Handley

Carly Hunt

Gemma Hunt

Lorraine Hunt

Michelle Jackson

Becky Lonergan

Mandy Lowe

Anne Marshall

Janet Milner

Jan Murray

Isobel Pollard

Jackie Sherrard

Karen Skillcorn

Claire Utley

Karen Walker

Rachel Williams

Chantelle Woodhead

Layla Young

again this comes down to sexism, even men are provided with top of the range equipment.. this helps with their training, even a decent top of the range stadium will improve their performances. unlike women who aren't even allowed a staium, they have to SHARE a pitch with a rugby club.. you apparently have no knowledge on this and only state the little info you do know of.. read the facts etc then make a comment

again this comes down to sexism, even men are provided with top of the range equipment.. this helps with their training, even a decent top of the range stadium will improve their performances. unlike women who aren't even allowed a staium, they have to SHARE a pitch with a rugby club.. you apparently have no knowledge on this and only state the little info you do know of.. read the facts etc then make a comment

Realisticly women will never be paid as pros in football because there simply not strong enough.

Some of the tackles in mens football would snap a womans fibia in half.

And lets be fair there not very good, just like men are no good at washing the pots lol.

Edited by CorkerSWFC

Realisticly woman will never be paid as pros in football because there simply not strong enough.

Some of the tackles in mens football would snap a womans fibia in half.

And lets be fair there not very good, just like men are no good at washing the pots lol.

housework is a womans job :thumbsup:

val hoyle, leanne hall, vicky exley, karen walker, pauline cope, gillian coultard.

Who are they then? Would they be equal opposition in a match against Man U, or even the mightly Millers?

I'm sure if they were even slightly close in ability to the list of players that I gave they'd be household names. The only Ladies player i've heard of is Kelly Smith and that's only because she's always holding David Beckham's hand!

Mens football has been going on since the pre-1900s. Clubs have built up stadia and money over this time.

If your club needs money you have to promote it and get people through the gates.

The men get the equipment etc because there are 10,000-30,000 people each week who pay to watch them play.

On another note I have seen a scheme in Colleges in America where top tickets for University games (e.g. mens basketball) are allocated on a points basis. To achieve points people have to have watched one ladies game. Could something similiar be done here? When you see queues for big games allocate on a similar basis - that would encourage greater support of the female side of the game.