Sexual discrimination in football

Is it fair that female players don't get paid?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is it fair that female players don't get paid?

• Yes it's totally fair
    • No its totally unfair
    • It doesn't bother me either way
    • I think it's sexist
    • I don't think its sexist

I'm a woman & love watching football, any match, any league, any event. However, i've seen a couple of woman's matches when they've been on the TV (mainly Arsenal Ladies it tends to be) & i'm afraid to say I just didn't enjoy them. Can't put my finger on why, I

it just wasn't the same, something was lacking. It's like when BBC introduced that woman commentator on MOTD, just didn't seem right somehow, was almost comical.

The point you raise about funding; I think it all boils down to demand. If there was a market for Ladies football then there would more than likely be the wages to match, but it just isn't there at this moment in time.

if the women were given the funding/sponsorship, they would get those numbers through the gates... but cos they're women, no one will give them the grants/sponsorships etc.. i presume you are a non league player wishin to earn those high amounts of money?????????? Millers have been around a long time and are in the 2nd tier league in the FA pyramid.. surely that shows they deserve the recognition etc that men so wrongly get.. the women have as much right to earn and play as the men..

I'm a woman & love watching football, any match, any league, any event. However, i've seen a couple of woman's matches when they've been on the TV (mainly Arsenal Ladies it tends to be) & i'm afraid to say I just didn't enjoy them. Can't put my finger on why, I

it just wasn't the same, something was lacking. It's like when BBC introduced that woman commentator on MOTD, just didn't seem right somehow, was almost comical.

The point you raise about funding; I think it all boils down to demand. If there was a market for Ladies football then there would more than likely be the wages to match, but it just isn't there at this moment in time.

Its not there because its funding these men, who ruin the game, rough play, foul language etc.. as for womens games not being the same to watch!!!! I wonder why, its cos we're not used to seeing them on TV.. it will look unusual etc..

I don't understand why the op does not understand why the Ladies earn nothing and the professional males earn thousands, it's a bit like expecting male models to earn the same as a female 'supermodel'......it ain't gonna happen, there is no level playing field here nor can you create one !

Good luck trying to raise some funding, but don't make issues based on equality here cos that would just be as ridiculous as posting stuff like "whippy de do da" in your responses :thumbsup:

Edited by Michael_W

Its not there because its funding these men, who ruin the game, rough play, foul language etc.. as for womens games not being the same to watch!!!! I wonder why, its cos we're not used to seeing them on TV.. it will look unusual etc..

Sorry, that's just my opinion. You said that you were struggling to understand why RUFC for example earn ££££ and Rotherham Ladies don't.........you've sort of answered your own question there by saying it looks unusual. You're right, it does. It's not the same to watch as Men's football, hence why the market isn't there, hence why there's no money in it.

its only unusal because ladies have never been given the same opportunities.. if we did have the same opps from the beginning of womens football, then it wouldn't be weird/odd whatever to watch now. its cos your not used to seeing it on tv etc.. again, the market isnt there cos some high and mighty MEN prefer to pay the guys instead. lets take the men out woMEN and the game and see how many numbers we get at the gates then..