Proposals for a new Tesco in Halfway

Just like I keep stating The only opposition to this Tesco is from either Nimby's or part time eco warriors :loopy:

Actually there are a lot of people who have given detailled arguments against the new Tesco and have mentioned many reasons not just the wildlife aspect.

Edited by Hugh Dallas

Why is it hard for some people to understand why green spaces are important? I think it will be a sad earth that is just building upon building. I work with pre-schoolers and they love being outside running, looking at bugs etc and planting stuff and I'm so glad I get to do that because there will come a time when we sit inside because there is no outside space, looking at pictures of Supermarket logo's. :mad:

Edited by utah

Firstly I am no eco warrior.

As far as the elderly comments go what about internet shopping? If not as stated you have plenty of other options with the other supermarkets.

Finally and it is purely my opinion - its people with attitudes like have been commenting that are ruining our beautiful country... bugger it ... let them build it.... let them make more millions of pounds so they can build another one next to another sainsburys or morrisons on another green belt or green fieldsite.

Let them build everywhere and kill / damage the population of all animals.

Let them increase traffic to devalue the properties of all the homes on oxclose park and potentially cause problems for the residents there.

All because we NEED another shopping centre even though we have about 5 within a 10 mile radius.

Absolute gonads.... not wasting my time getting angry anymore, anyone who supports this clearly is as bad as those at tescos wanting to build this - they dont care about anyone or anything but themselves.

the bottom line is WE DONT NEED IT!

The people who are in favour of it probably don't live here, 'in our expensive houses'!!!????.....mine aint expensive but it will be less expensive if they build a tesco's.

It seems to me that people have given up.......the old:'well it's bound to happen so why fight it?' attitude. Grow a backbone, and stand up to them.

By the way, I lived here before Lavers was built and I didn't object to that, because it isn't built next door to B&Q.

I fear we are turning into United States of Britain....greed, greed, greed, no matter what or who is at stake.

Firstly I am no eco warrior.

As far as the elderly comments go what about internet shopping? If not as stated you have plenty of other options with the other supermarkets.

Finally and it is purely my opinion - its people with attitudes like have been commenting that are ruining our beautiful country... bugger it ... let them build it.... let them make more millions of pounds so they can build another one next to another sainsburys or morrisons on another green belt or green fieldsite.

Let them build everywhere and kill / damage the population of all animals.

Let them increase traffic to devalue the properties of all the homes on oxclose park and potentially cause problems for the residents there.

All because we NEED another shopping centre even though we have about 5 within a 10 mile radius.

Absolute gonads.... not wasting my time getting angry anymore, anyone who supports this clearly is as bad as those at tescos wanting to build this - they dont care about anyone or anything but themselves.

the bottom line is WE DONT NEED IT!

Oh but we do!

You dont think a multi million pound buisness such as Tesco would build a new store if they thought people wouldnt need it.

Oh but we do!

You dont think a multi million pound buisness such as Tesco would build a new store if they thought people wouldnt need it.

Thank you Speedy... Someone with sense rather than an objective at last ... ;)

The people who are in favour of it probably don't live here, 'in our expensive houses'!!!????.....mine aint expensive but it will be less expensive if they build a tesco's.

It seems to me that people have given up.......the old:'well it's bound to happen so why fight it?' attitude. Grow a backbone, and stand up to them.

By the way, I lived here before Lavers was built and I didn't object to that, because it isn't built next door to B&Q.

I fear we are turning into United States of Britain....greed, greed, greed, no matter what or who is at stake.

But will be less expensive if they build a Tesco's ?? Get a grip you philistine judas....

After reading all the negative reports on SF regarding the quality of the food sold by Morrisons, a new Tesco will be most welcome to the area. As a foot-note, several years ago a well known supermarket opened a new store in Ripon, North Yorks, in direct competition to the Morrisons store there, a large majority of staff left Morrisons and went to work for the other store, doe's that not tell you something ?.

Do you really think that Tesco are going to sell better quality food than Morrisons?

Both supermarkets are terrible, but of the two morrisons is far better than Tesco!

vastly overpriced houses, like all properties are, if building a tesco, brings the property prices back down to realisitic prices, then it will show you how much over the odd's you spent!

I live at Halfway and say good on tesco to produce work for people, they wont build it if they thought there was no demand for it, so grow up!

i hope i get one of these jobs not just to mention local jobs for local people,:hihi:

i think its a massive waste being compative,i mean they should just bang their heads together n open a ultra massive bigger than millenium dome in sheffield..attract more people power to our end instead of thinking of london all time..we all know every delivery orders come from same destinations..just a different lable to rip n confuse buyers,best for envirment would be a pounds worth of beans in a bucket...bless the farmers thou..they do all hard dirty work n some guy just tags along n family bussiness in ruins.

I live at Halfway and say good on tesco to produce work for people, they wont build it if they thought there was no demand for it, so grow up!

How do you know there has been a demand for it?

Have you got any statistics on how many people have written to Tesco specifically demanding a new store in the Halfway area?

How many people have come up to you and said "hey, what we really need in this area is a Tesco"?

All that Tesco have done is seen an existing Morrisons in a good location and they want a piece of that pie.