Proposals for a new Tesco in Halfway

Maybe if you read the full topic you might get a better idea as to what people's views are on this.

Thank you for your concern Hugh, I have read the full topic and thank you so much for suggesting I do so.

I live at Halfway, and we dont have any local traders :huh: unless the local paper shop is what is classed as the local trader?

The local shop at Halfway Centre plus there is a small trader on Rotherham Rd selling plants, pet food, eggs etc. Not hardly going to be affected by the proposed new build but they are local Halfway traders. :)

the morrisons motto is "the customer is more important than anything else". and that isnt a load of bull said cos i work there..... its fact!

You may work that way but not many of your colleagues do.

Everytime I call at the counter to pay for a newspaper or magazine I have to wait while the ladies behind the counter decide that finishing their conversation is far more important than serving me, waiting patiently with money in hand.

A couple of times I've just left, after placing my purchase in the counter. It has never had an effect as it is the same every time. I think having a Tescos in near competition will do more for 'the customer is more important than anything else' at Morrisons. Competition rules!

The arrogant Sigma representative tried to tell my husband that this area was there and kept persisting, even though we see it every day!!!

We are not totally opposed to the store being built, the issue we have is the location of the building It seems such nonsense to butt it up to all the properties when there is sufficient room to locate it well away.

That's not good is it! :(

Maybe they have that up their sleeve so honour is retained on all sides. It definitely seems that the arrogant Sigma rep was truly a piece of work.

I would place money on the fact half as many people would be up in arms about this if it was Waitrose who had applied for planning permission.

Abolutely not as it would imply that we lived in a prosperous area... I do wonder why people do by groceries at Waitrose when they cost so much. Yes to the specials for nice meals but every day stuff?

The only reasons i keep hearing from other resident of Halfway against a proposed Tesco are.....

Would you mind giving us the 10 best reasons for having Tesco please? I think the 10 'not-to's' sound fine and like you say we all have different views. :)

Would you mind giving us the 10 best reasons for having Tesco please? I think the 10 'not-to's' sound fine and like you say we all have different views. :)

of course.

1. People won't have to damage the enviroment by travelling to Chesterfield Tesco.

2. They sell nearly everything you could want under one roof.

3. They will bring jobs to the area, lazy local layabouts can find work :)

4. It will bring more people to Halfway, and could increase sales for local traders.

5. We will have something build on the waste land to obcsure the view of the sewage plant and motorbike rambling track.

6. We wont be having more house's built on the waste land.

7. Healthy competition will bring Morrison's prices down and make it cheaper for all when shopping.

8. A proposed 24 hour store, will reduce the massive queue's you get at Morrison's christmas eve etc, (Asda 24 hour the example).

9. Tesco are planning for an Eco store and are also setting aside some land for the wildlife.

10. The area will have an improved bus service down into the estate that will serve Tesco.

I hear the concerns of the traffic, what do people thing of placing a link road to the store from the old co-op milk store, behing the Esso on station road, up to the back of Lavers?

Its waste land that is used for motorbiking and it would make a sound road to ease the proposed extra traffic!

Archived