Does Sheffield frustrate you ?

HJ,

I think its a difficult place for local talent to flourish but then look at Richard Hawley,the AM's. McKee's got on.It has trouble finding an identity and appreciating its medieval roots. The thing about Park Hill makes me smile and shake my head. Still I'm impressed by Devonshire Green. Glad you like us though- and the over whelming majority of students I have met have been brilliant and the city would be lost without them- I look at some of our own- still can't generalise.

It's not London, Manchester, Leeds or, God Forbid, Liverpool. :D

I would much prefer to live in Sheffield than any of the above mentioned cities. I suppose I also get frustrated by the negative attitude that is often displayed by the folk of this city. Moan moan moan :D

Have you lived in any of the cities mentioned? And if so, for how long? And which parts?

I have not lived in any of the cities mentioned however, I know enough about each from the fact that I have spent a good part of my time visiting some of them through work.

Anyhow, it's a subjective view. I don't have to really justify why, it's just my opinion.

I spent a weekend in Nottingham a while back and I think the problems of Sheffield are summed up by the difference between the two council's advertising campaigns. In Nottingham it is something like 'Proud of the people, proud of the town' (can't remember exactly). And of course Sheffield's council has come out with .... 'What has the council done for you?'

Shows a big difference in attitudes and I wonder how much that defensive attitude keeps Sheffield back?

Have you lived in any of the cities mentioned? And if so, for how long? And which parts?

I've lived in Birmingham and Portsmouth, and I've stayed in London for quite some time living at my brother in laws.

I'd much rather live in Sheffield (or the surrounding villages) than anywhere else in the UK.

Do you find Sheffield a frustrating place to live in at times?

What I find most frustrating on here is the number of Sheffielders who are chomping at the bit ready to slag off the city I love at teh first opportunity. I wish they'd just go away (literally)