"Yorkshire Ripper" applies for sentencing tariff

I was part of that "terrorised" generation of young women, afraid to go out because of Sutcliffe and his crimes. and Yes, I don't believe he should see the light of day again. (Although from I saw of the reports about what they did, his fellow inmates also tried to ensure that, too!)

I agree, I will never forget having to meet my mother and girlfriend at the bus stop when they came home because women were scared to be out on their own.

Regarding the benefits, maybe I an wrong but I did read an article about Sutcliffe and Brady getting them.

It was reported that he had received £200-grand in compensation for the blinding-attempt by another prisoner/patient.
pt whatever he got im not sure but if the government thought that he had enough money do you really think he would be entitled to legal aid

this is always difficult - sutcliffe committed the most savage crimes in modern history (ever seen the details?) sexual sadism rarely seen - BUT he was mentally ill, could you or I become a sadistic, pitiless psychopath? - no - could you develop psychosis? - yes. schizophrenia (in sutcliffe's case),bi polar disorder, thyrotoxic disorder, alzheimer's etc etc etc all have the potential for gross violence - a society can judge itself on how those who commit savagery whilst ill are treated and sutcliffe is one of them - let him out? no way, but don't treat him as a monster either, he can live and die in broadmoor or another secure setting without the hounds baying at him like a lynching in texas, he's ill.

He was just misunderstood.....

no he wasn't, he was fully understood, a man whose savagery defies understanding except by what's known - there are psychopaths and sadists but someone isn't necessarily both ,sutcliffe was a rare beast indeed, no devolopmental signs of sadism (as in a psychopath) and fairly well functioning most of the time - he had a family job etc, when psychotic he was bestial, cruel and disgusting - too dangerous to ever let walk down a road again, too famous to reach the far end if you did, but his actions were caused by illness which is why he's in broadmoor not albany. I know I'm wasting my breath here cos lily livered liberal is the common cry (I'm far from it) and it's much much easier to take the daily mail view than the informed one.