Something has annoyed me today - Police car speeding without lights/sirens

ps and ive seen quite a few coppers driving in access of 70+ in a 30 zone without lights and no siren with kids about 1 came flying over hill other day and nearly lost control

yep they have right good training

lol if your child was knocked over by a stupid copper driver driving at 70 in a 30 mph zone with no lights and no siren lets see if you have same view :loopy:

im not convinced you have to call them stupid, but hey its your right to, i certainly wouldnt be happy if my child was run down as a result of his actions, however i wouldnt be happy with any one who did, doesnt have to be a police officer, plenty of drivers drive around at high speed when they shouldnt, and are far less able to cope with speed than police drivers, there just an easy target to complain about.

I'll bet you haven't seen them doing 70+ in a 30 zone. Your perception of speed is 99% likely to be wrong and those asthmatic diesel's aren't quite Fangio equipment.

But you do have a good point about inappropriate speed, which is what the training is for. Even then coppers make mistakes and no system is perfect. If you want them to respond to emergencies - maybe yours - then you need to accept that.

I'll bet you haven't seen them doing 70+ in a 30 zone. Your perception of speed is 99% likely to be wrong and those asthmatic diesel's aren't quite Fangio equipment.

But you do have a good point about inappropriate speed, which is what the training is for. Even then coppers make mistakes and no system is perfect. If you want them to respond to emergencies - maybe yours - then you need to accept that.

everything tony just said

lol ive been driving 15 yrs i no what sort of speed a car is doing lol jog on

and yes you get just as many idiots doing the same as the police do end of subject for me

Police officers receive a high standard of driving as was stated earlier in the post. They do however have to justify everything they do at all times. Who knows what they were going to/doing when they were 'speeding'.

If it annoys/concerns you that much, take a note of the reg plate and ring the police. They WILL investigate it and find out why.

ps and ive seen quite a few coppers driving in access of 70+ in a 30 zone without lights and no siren with kids about 1 came flying over hill other day and nearly lost control

yep they have right good training

Yep but he didnt lose control though did he?was this because of his training?

Legal gangsters do what they want!!!!!

Yep but he didnt lose control though did he?was this because of his training?

he nearly went straight into front of my car and if i had not turned quickly he would have done so so his training had no effect my ability to think quick and move quick stoped a head on smash nothing to do with the drivers training

lol ive been driving 15 yrs i no what sort of speed a car is doing lol jog on

and yes you get just as many idiots doing the same as the police do end of subject for me

odd isn't it how people say that ...

speed assessments by pedestrians are notoriously poor , but never miond we'll not let the truth get in the way of good story shall we ...

ent.

it's odd how many people 's opening gambit with the emergency services is aobut how long they took to respond ...

they r damned if they do and damned if they dont, the government them selves insist that the emergency services speed up response times, so the pressure is on.:loopy: