True Sheffielder's, don't donate to charity..

Okay then I'll spell it out for you.

The people in Haiti have no food, no homes, no possessions.

You have a comfortable large house, lots of expensive goods like TVs and laptops, nice clothes, all the food you could eat.

If that inequality bothers you that much, why do you think just sticking a few quid in a collecting tin redresses the balance and makes it all right? Don't you feel guilty at how wealthy you are compared to people in poor countries?

Still see you're coming out with your supercilious drivel. You're making a fool of yourself !:loopy:

Oh boy...but they do have what you and I have, maybe not same for same but they do have what we all have. It's just at this present time (bare with me if you can get your head around this ok?) it's a natural disaster that the people of the world are taking part in...some children with their dinner money, or governments donating millions it really doesn't matter...it's the impact your £ has on the ground. You may argue that only a percentage of your £ only gets to ground zero....well I'll tell you for one, I don't give a 5hit as long as something gets there. I didn't do a cost analysis when i hand over a quid. Yeeesh!

GB, with the greatest of respect you really are coming over as a tit. Then again I don't believe you believe yourself..it's more about thread effect i think.

So you're saying you couldn't care less what happens to the money you donate or how much is swallowed up in "admin costs" or into the pockets of corrupt government officials?

Donating money when you don't have a clue where it'll end up is about as useful as chucking it down the drain. Effectively you're admitting you only give to charity to feel better about yourself rather than to help others!

"Admin costs" like staff wages, bills, office rent and champagne filled hot tubs?

Just what else do you think the Red Cross do while they sit around eating blackbird larynx truffles and wolf nipples between disasters?

So you're saying you couldn't care less what happens to the money you donate or how much is swallowed up in "admin costs" or into the pockets of corrupt government officials?

Donating money when you don't have a clue where it'll end up is about as useful as chucking it down the drain. Effectively you're admitting you only give to charity to feel better about yourself rather than to help others!

Of course you're going to feel good about donating you idiot! Have you ever helped out wether financially or by giving advice? I have several friends who call me for advice on medical problems and yes... they thank me... it makes me feel good because I've helped them! Is this wrong in your mind ? If you cant get your head round this simple concept I feel sorry for you. Watch the news and see how much aid is being sent and arriving at Haiti...Oops sorry maybe you can't as you've sold your telly haven't you? :loopy:

Don't put words in my mouth...I said "i don't give a 5hit as long as something gets there".

As for your drivel about selling your goods to make a point, what and who does that benefit? It's about having the capacity to share what you have and not putting yourself in a position where you'd have to ask for charity yourself. And prey tell me what is so bad in feeling that you've contributed?

So...anyone helping someone is all about the person helping, and not about giving just because you have the ability to give..right? I've met your sort...they avoid rounds at the pub..:D

"Admin costs" like staff wages, bills, office rent and champagne filled hot tubs?

Just what else do you think the Red Cross do while they sit around eating blackbird larynx truffles and wolf nipples between disasters?

I think there should be some kind of forum rule where if the conversation comes round to wolf nipples within four pages then the entire thread is deleted forever and we never speak of it again.

I would end all government foreign aid immediately. It's disgusting that 50,000 - 100,000 elderly and vulnerable people will die due to the cold weather in this country in 2010 while our money is sent overseas to enrich countries that have nuclear weapons and space programs.

Haiti is the oldest black republic liberated from slavery, and yet it is completely dependent upon aid to survive (and has been long before the earthquake). Its land can easily support its ten million population, but its people prefer to survive on handouts (mainly from the US), smoke cannabis and participate in communal violence. I personally would rather throw my money down a drain than donate a single penny to that hell-hole of a country. People who give money to Haiti are supporting terrible human rights abuses and propping up one of the most violent society's on the planet. Let it collapse.

I would end all government foreign aid immediately. It's disgusting that 50,000 - 100,000 elderly and vulnerable people will die due to the cold weather in this country in 2010 while our money is sent overseas to enrich countries that have nuclear weapons and space programs.

Haiti is the oldest black republic liberated from slavery, and yet it is completely dependent upon aid to survive (and has been long before the earthquake). Its land can easily support its ten million population, but its people prefer to survive on handouts (mainly from the US), smoke cannabis and participate in communal violence. I personally would rather throw my money down a drain than donate a single penny to that hell-hole of a country. People who give money to Haiti are supporting terrible human rights abuses and propping up one of the most violent society's on the planet. Let it collapse.

Totally irresponsible comment! Not going to say anymore ... waste of time! :gag:

You're obviously not a dyed in the wool Sheffield hick...or you wouldn't have told us that..:hihi:

I know I'm not, love the city, been here for over 20 years but can't call myself a Sheffielder, I'll always be a Lincolnshire yella belly!

Totally irresponsible comment! Not going to say anymore ... waste of time! :gag:

You really don't like it when people stop following the official line and start thinking for themselves, do you?

As "Pest Control" is new to the forum perhaps you should give him/her the dignity of a response, refuting his/her points (if you can)?

You really don't like it when people stop following the official line and start thinking for themselves, do you?

As "Pest Control" is new to the forum perhaps you should give him/her the dignity of a response, refuting his/her points (if you can)?

You really think I follow the official line? Ha ..ha!! Read my threads! I don't need to be told by someone like you who I should respond to! You call me 'Junior' suggesting you're superior to me. The word 'supercilious' springs to mind once again! You talk about 'dignity of response'... what do you think people are doing about Haiti? I consider myself erudite enough to respond to posts and consider your 'If you can' comment to be puerile once again.. get therapy! :)

Edited by Alcoblog

As "Pest Control" seems new to the forum perhaps you should give him/her the dignity of a response, refuting his/her points (if you can)?

Just couldn't help it...