The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Ecclesfield Secondary has just decided to close - because there is more snow on the way!!

thankyou, yes he just arrived...and made me laugh in his email, saying he had to go up a road sideways :S coming down sideways i can picture but to go up sideways took some driving lol.

:hihi: Pleased to hear he is ok :hihi:

yes but even I am thinking twice about going out.....just seen one 4X4 struggling to get up my hill big time......it may have had bald tyres tho or something but I dont wanna get stuck anywhere as I cant find my wellies.....

OH says that Fulwood/Broomhill pretty bad, safer not to go out as there are lots of struggling vehicles.

Not so bad for me as today was my first day back so I just got an extra days holiday:hihi:

The gritter has just gone up Mansfield Road S12

To be frank, this was forecast, so I'm surprised at people having headed off in it regardless now complaining. Sometimes you have to change your plans and just stop in or else put up with having to trek in it!

At the moment, I'm on a train from swindon to cheltenham spa and then changing to get a train to Sheffield. I'm due to arrive in Sheffield at 1:17pm but I'm scared. I have a big, pink, heavy suitcase. Any ideas how I'm going To manage getting home? I live right up in Stannington. I could get a taxi but I doubt ill be able to! Oh gosh :(

Anyone have any ideas? Or a few huskies? Send them with a blanket though because I'm on the train now but am soooooo cold...? Help me ;(

Holy Crap! Just had a huge pile fall from my conservatory roof, good job nobody was stood at the door they would've been injured for sure:|

do you mean shed :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Just seen someone drive their car into a lamp post

He then got out of his car to inspect the damage and gone for a flyer HA HA HA HA

I share your sentiments Pink- I live at Rivelin end of Walkley and am currently at work not knowing how the heck im going to home....Im sure we will make it home one way or another - i vote for the building of a ski lift!!