The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

cunning plan...I think there should be a real time GRITTER map that shows which roads are being gritted in real time, and what the schedule of gritting is in some sort of order/time scale......I wonder why no one has thought of this.....

I am waiting for gritters to enter the Stannington area, no sign at all so far, has anyone seen ANY today, and if so where are they?

We have a laugh with the dog, we throw him a snowball and he runs after it. He then can't find it when it hits the ground.

My nephew then throws a snowball at the dog as he is running after the snowball, and its almost as if my dog is annoyed. As he is running he turns round and woofs when the snowball hits him.

Both my nephew and my dog will be sledging this afternoon, they both love going down the hill together in a sledge

is there any point gritting while it's still snowing?

I agree Golden - GRITTERCAM!!!

Could have little gritters on a large map table and push them around with long sticks like they did in t' war!!

Wonder how much snow will be on the ground by this evening:rolleyes:

it took me two hrs to get from fulwood to brook hill this morning and also the gritter has been gritting

is there any point gritting while it's still snowing?

I would say every little helps....it forms a rough surface under the still falling snow which can help tyres grip the road better, so always worth doing......

could anyone advise if the cinema at Valley Centertainment is open this morning ,have booked tickets but looks like not going to be able to make it ,,,,,

My sister says she saw a gritter going up Stannington rd.

I wouldn't be as bothered if walking wads an option but this case is huge! Lol. I'm determined not to do what I normally do and start crying haha. Once I'm on my connecting train, ill have give the taxi idea a roll:)

it took me two hrs to get from fulwood to brook hill this morning and also the gritter has been gritting

I am on Fulwood road later has it now been fully gritted?

My sister says she saw a gritter going up Stannington rd.

I wouldn't be as bothered if walking wads an option but this case is huge! Lol. I'm determined not to do what I normally do and start crying haha. Once I'm on my connecting train, ill have give the taxi idea a roll:)

You should be ok on a yellow tram as far as Hillsborough (blue ones are having trouble)... At least that's a bit nearer for you!

I very much doubt that taxis will get up there to be honest.

My sister says she saw a gritter going up Stannington rd.:)

I do think a real time web page of local gritting, together with planned gritting routes/approx times would be essential for journey planning.....every little helps and it would help people then avoid ungritted roads and risk getting stuck......technically quite easy to do.....even if the Council would publish the gritters routes and order of routes would be good....