The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

my OH works in Eyam, they close the place off....hope he can get home ok. Does anyone know how froggart hill is or up near the moorlands pub?

a bit worried now!

The snow is pretty bad too!! :hihi:

Picture to prove my 7"!!

Image176.jpg

Does anyone remember what the long range forecast was for this winter.

Wetter and milder than normal!! :loopy:

All staff here at northern general have been thrown in to chaos.The physio's and ot's that have got in are leaving at dinner to walk home. And the staff that are on today are staying foor night shift because the night staff may well not get in.

It is madness and just to top it off my husband drove to work at attercliff what ever possessed him i dont know.He is stuck in snow and my son is at school who have not yet closed.

And my little sister is pregnant and working at totley ,there are no buses and if her partner can not get to her she will have to walk to

info please on A57 Manchester Rd to Rivelin, RIvelin Valley Road to Malin bridge, and also Fulwood Road to broomhill.....conditions? Blockages?

thanks, i am fretting, lol.

Any news yet? Apparently the M1 north from junction 39 to the M62 west is 3 lanes standing, not due to the weather but, due to the volume of traffic on the M62 because Manchester is completely blocked. M62 east to Hull is clear.

Hope you hear soon, it will be something simple like traffic volumes.

info please on A57 Manchester Rd to Rivelin, RIvelin Valley Road to Malin bridge, and also Fulwood Road to broomhill.....conditions? Blockages?

I thought you had a 4x4?

Picture to prove my 7"!!

Image176.jpg

tis pretty bad up here buddy,agreed

and its still falling :hihi:

snow days rule!

Picture to prove my 7"!!

Image176.jpg

I'm jealous...We have got a 2 1/2" here (Wath)

I love the stuff....I've dragged the kids out in it to ge to work as the schools are closed and I was bored stuck in the house. So we had a snowball fight on the way here :)

Matlock is cut off at the mo .. and getting to Chesterfield via Matlock is impossible due to stranded vehicles on the Walton Road.

I am so flippin glad we didnt go to Sheffield this morning ...