Did a famous star visit your school

Rolf Harris was mentioned earlier but it didn't say where. I think it was Pipworth.

Sheffields Dave Berry

He came to collect his sister, (Miss Grundy),who was my form teacher in G1 Shirecliffe Secondary 1962. Just before he became famous nationally.

In very early 60s oliver reed glenda jackson and allen bates were at newhall rd infants to make a film called women in love they used some of the pupils as extras in the classroom scenes great days they were

Not a lot of people remember this but in 1976 Olivia Newton John opened the school fete at High Storrs-eat your heart out Grease fans:

Do you happen to have any photos? We're putting on Grease at the Crucible theatre this year and would love to get a photo of 'Sandy' at High Storrs!

Cliff richard came to ecclesfield school,sometime in the early 70s.

Cliff richard came to ecclesfield school,sometime in the early 70s.

Is that when they all stood round, saying Who's that with Gazza?:hihi:

George Best came to Frecheville School in 70's to do Best in Football TV show, and Currie came not long after and I believe Frank Worthington, Roger Wilde went to Frecheville in days gone by.

David Seaman came to our school in 1990's. He went to our school so he used to come back and visit the teachers n do sports day footy in the lads P.E classes.

Kimberworth ? Seaman was the same age as me, but played in the year below! Sid Currie was goal keeper we played against, now a Rotherham mp!.

Ted Burgin came to Lydgate Lane about 1952. He was Sheff U. goalie I think.

All the cast of the Full Monty visited my old school . it was filmed there burton st school

I went to school with Paul Dolby who played for Sheffield Wednesday and was a PE teacher at Colley School when my niece was there in 1980's

So did i in 1979.

The closest to a celebrity my school could get was Roy Hattersley's mum.

I believe a survivor from Hiroshima visited our school once? Not sure if that counts!!