Did a famous star visit your school

I can remember a famous rugby player who played for England was a teacher at Myers Grove. Cant remember his name though. His brother also played cricket for England.

OOps, just rememberd. It was Chris Old. Now what did they call his brother who played cricket for England ? :huh:

Prince Andrew visited my daughters home education music group two years ago, at Get Sorted in Rotherham. (She doesn't go to school, so I hope her home ed group counts :))

hiya

i remember redfern froggat the sheffield wednesday footballer come to my school around 1950, he had just got engaged to our headmaster mr kinmans daughter, there were one or two other wednesday players as well.

OOps, just rememberd. It was Chris Old. Now what did they call his brother who played cricket for England ? :huh:

Wrong way round ;)

Chris Old played cricket for Yorkshire and England. His brother Alan played rugby and also briefly played cricket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Old

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Old

About the closest thing we got to important visitors at our school were visits from members of the Sheffield Constabulary, who usually left in the company of a pupil or two.

We had Take That- before they were famous. They visited Notre Dameand performed in the sports hall.

We had our summer event opened by Bomber Graham- and Johnny Nelson went to school at Notre Dame.

We also had a visit from Edwina Curry at the time of the egg scandal- but we don't metion that much!:hihi:

Joe Brown came to Woodhouse Grammar and sang the Lords Prayer in Assembly

The singer or the climber, what year?

the singer - can't remember exactly what year but would have been during the sixties but not after 1967 as I had left by then. The teacher that organised it was the RI teacher whose name I can't remember. It might have been Aston Woodhouse High School where I went for the last two years of my schooling.

Joe Cocker was a pupil so he doesn't count and he wasn't famous in 1950 which was when Ted Burgin, the Blades goalie visited Lydgate Lane Juniors.

We had Take That- before they were famous. They visited Notre Dameand performed in the sports hall.

We had our summer event opened by Bomber Graham- and Johnny Nelson went to school at Notre Dame.

We also had a visit from Edwina Curry at the time of the egg scandal- but we don't metion that much!:hihi:

lol, i remember take that coming to notre dame, we won it through a radio station competition:hihi:

i think the closest we got was imre varadi:rolleyes:

who?:huh::huh::huh::huh: