Did a famous star visit your school

I remember Jimmy Saville coming to Longley after opening the new Tesco......makes you wonder if he had a more sinister reason to get amongst the kids ?

I remember Jimmy Saville coming to Longley after opening the new Tesco......makes you wonder if he had a more sinister reason to get amongst the kids ?

Yaawwwwwn :rolleyes:

We were told by some of our teachers at Brantwood School that Michael Caine and Tony Christie both had had daughters at the school, some years before we were there.

There was a story about Michael Caine, I think, pulling up in a big fancy car in the school yard.

Nothing that exciting happened while we were there.

We were told by some of our teachers at Brantwood School that Michael Caine and Tony Christie both had had daughters at the school, some years before we were there.

There was a story about Michael Caine, I think, pulling up in a big fancy car in the school yard.

Nothing that exciting happened while we were there.

Michael Caine's first wife was from Sheffield, they were divorced in 62 so she might well have returned to Sheffield with their daughter.

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 09:48 ----------

I think it was Eric Claptons daughter Ruth who was at Brantwood.

Tony Christie lived in Sheff (Ranmoor), so it might have been his daughter too :)

I think it was Eric Claptons daughter Ruth who was at Brantwood.

I can't remember her name, but Eric Clapton's daughter was at Birkdale Sixth Form not so long ago- maybe in the last 5 years? And he gave a concert at the school while she was there, or just after she had left. She might have been at Brantwood earlier in her school career though.