Is Sheffield Racist?

Interestingly,I was verbally,racially abused today for the first time by some children. To be called a white mother <removed> and other nice names was interesting to say the least. It was even funnier to have a 12/13 year old offering me out for a fight as well. Hate to say it but when I was a lad I'd have got a cuff round the ear and hoped Ma and Pa didn't find out but we have to live with what we have today.

Edited by Hecate
swearing

I watched the Panorama programme last week about racism in England, the documentary was filmed in Bristol. I just wanted to know are parts of Sheffield racist? or are we quite tolerant in Sheffield?

no very intolerant - we hate Lancastrians. and don't get me started on Cockneys.

I take it you've haven't been to Rotherhan recently fella.

Rotherham is the only place I've ever been to where I've been handed BNP campaign leaflets within minutes of getting off the bus, along with a completely naive and moderately stupid speech about how immigrants are taking everyone's jobs.

what's your issue with cockneys? hang on a minute, i'll just put my jellied eels, pie. mash and liquor down....

xgx

Interestingly,I was verbally,racially abused today for the first time by some children. To be called a white mother <removed> and other nice names was interesting to say the least. It was even funnier to have a 12/13 year old offering me out for a fight as well. Hate to say it but when I was a lad I'd have got a cuff round the ear and hoped Ma and Pa didn't find out but we have to live with what we have today.
Whereabouts did it happen, mate? Just so we can all make sure to pass it by in future ;)

You only have to look at the attitudes of some parents on here to see why kids are allowed to get away with murder these days. They're often in positions of responsiblity in the community/politics and their lazy attitude to everything has taken over. We're up the creek without a paddle.

I think some people in sheffield are very racist- I have a friend who is kurdish and allowed to work so does.

However, they never tell anyone their background about fleeing war/torture or that they are kurdish and instead said they are from greece because people have been more accepting of this but the moment they hear the truth you can see the instant behaviour change-its horrid!

No one should have to feel they must lie about their background as this creates more problems for their own mental well being and identity. Also the racism needs to be challenged.

I'm from Sheffield, and not racist. The main issues that Sheffield people have is migrants that claim benefits and don't put into the system. This also goes for those that are from Sheffield that don't put into the system, but take everything out of it they can.

More needs to be done to crack down on this - It's the people that do an honest day's work who suffer now and will suffer in the long run with pensions etc. All the benefits they are paying out now to people that have never put in, will affect it for us that have in the long run for sure...

i agree but unfortunatley the do gooders things this ok and will see your point as been racist its a realist not racist .

Sheffield is racist. There has been mass immigration into Sheffield, but the only complaints are about the non-whites/muslims. No Englishman seems to be bothered about the money spent on white immigrants from places like Poland. A lot of Sheffielders were falling over themselves to accommodate the Polish by giving up their jobs and paying extra tax. Now the recession hit--the easy targets are the asians/blacks.

I was told "but the Polish have returned home"

Reply - "yes because after 24 months residency they are allowed to draw UK benefits without living here- what did you expect"

Sheffield is racist. There has been mass immigration into Sheffield, but the only complaints are about the non-whites/muslims. No Englishman seems to be bothered about the money spent on white immigrants from places like Poland. A lot of Sheffielders were falling over themselves to accommodate the Polish by giving up their jobs and paying extra tax. Now the recession hit--the easy targets are the asians/blacks.

I was told "but the Polish have returned home"

Reply - "yes because after 24 months residency they are allowed to draw UK benefits without living here- what did you expect"

So why do you think that Sheffielders seem to complain about Muslims and not Poles?

Non whites CAN BE racist TO, bet if i went to london and moved into an area where i was the only white person id get racial abuse.

I watched the Panorama programme last week about racism in England, the documentary was filmed in Bristol. I just wanted to know are parts of Sheffield racist? or are we quite tolerant in Sheffield?

Could you call places like Darnall and Fir Vale racist seeing as at night it can be a no go area for white people?