Is Sheffield Racist?

No its not and how could it be?

The town hall whsippering n***** at black people walking past?

The city hall shouting you white b****** to white people walking past?

The trams going p*** bashing?

:hihi:

Castle Square saying "I've got nothing against Picadilly Gardens in Manchester, but it doesn't understand our ways. It won't integrate"

How the hell can 'Sheffield' be 'racist'. Racism is a state of mind and it's down to an individuals beliefs whey they themselves are racist or not. Wherever you go there will always be an element of racism. And someone saying Darnall is racist is just pure madness. Darnall has a large ethnic mix, more than most areas of Sheffield, and it seems OK. I used to work there in one of the stores and it was always good with a great sense of community. Just another 'racism' related thread.

i wouldent say racist but there are feelings about all the problems

eg all the iligals coming here taling allthe benifits ,jobs, hospital beds,housing,ext

im not racist but sick to death of being in the middelof all these problems when if all the iligal,s went home ext the problem would be halfed

I think its hilarious that you have these views about immigrants taking jobs. Maybe its because they have a better grasp on the English language than you?

So why do you think that Sheffielders seem to complain about Muslims and not Poles?

Because Muslims/Blacks/Asians are visible minorities. There are thousands of EU migrants in Sheffield, but to me and you they look local- because they are white. Sheffield is a racist city-accept it, if it wasn't why so many people make it an issue on this forum??

Sheffield is a racist city-accept it, if it wasn't why so many people make it an issue on this forum??

How can a city be racist? The words don't even make sense.

There are racists and anti-racists in any city this size, so why focus on the negative? I find it insulting to be lumped in with the hate merchants because I happen to live in the same city as them.

I don't think this forum in anyway represents the true views of the population of Sheffield and the hatred shown on here is way out of proportion to real life. Many of the worst racists on here don't live in Sheffield anyway.

This report from March 2006, has Rotherham being 96% white, representing about 240,000 of the population, so unless there's been an influx of about 230,000 immigrants, it will still be predominantly white.

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/AFC2D009-A334-46CF-813C-DB0CB38FFD89/0/KnowyourplacefactsheetupdatedMarch2006.pdf

Are you sure? It' like spot the english person in rotherham. And when u do spot one, they're armed with shellsuit and special brew.

How can a city be racist? The words don't even make sense.

There are racists and anti-racists in any city this size, so why focus on the negative? I find it insulting to be lumped in with the hate merchants because I happen to live in the same city as them.

I don't think this forum in anyway represents the true views of the population of Sheffield and the hatred shown on here is way out of proportion to real life. Many of the worst racists on here don't live in Sheffield anyway.

You'd be suprised what comments i hear doing my job. I think people are sick of illegals, ect.

You never hear anything bad said about chinese people, which brings me to believe the problem is with pakistanis/asians.

You'd be suprised what comments i hear doing my job. I think people are sick of illegals, ect.

You never hear anything bad said about chinese people, which brings me to believe the problem is with pakistanis/asians.

Them damn Chinese eh!!

Come over here with their lovely food and their willingness to work and contribute to the economy.

Why dont they just go home?!?!?!?!:rant:

all depends which part of sheffield you live......to the south of the city you hardly see a coloured face apart from those who work the taxis and takeaways....and the chat in the pubs is of a racsist tone....blaming all their troubles on those bloody immigrants....when i say what about black ******* who plays football for us...they say he's ok he's lived here years....