Is it only me that thinks things are looking up for BOTH Sheffield teams?

Snook

yep great post snook and agree with most of your points

it makes a change that the owls SHOULD be challenging the blades and

other teams in this league off and on the pitch the gap is getting

closer:bigsmile:

That's why i did the sig really, we stand the best chance for years to actually start properly and have a base to build on.

Our start compared to United's in all honesty is so much easier on paper it's untrue.

The first day of the season being it Barnsley aswell promises to be the game of the day in the Championship no doubt.

the problem with fixtures like that is that if it goes wrong, it could be a real downer on the team. especially if the players like the fans start to think that its an easy first few games. personally i would like a mixture of the two sheffield teams fixtures, to keep the players honest but also to get a few points in the bag.

as much as i hate to say it it could be playoffs for both teams this year. which as a united fan is bad for two reasons. 1, wednesday reaching the playoffs is annoying. 2, united reaching the playoffs means losing the final.

The ace tipster and forum champ gives Weds 11 pts from those games (obviously Rochdale not inc).:D

Your always welcome to put your neck on the line and put a few tips on yourself now and again, or do you not want to try?

And as for forum champ please enlighten me:confused:

if it was utd v barnsley then it would be game of the day for the blades fans, all got different perspective on games depending where your from. i couldnt give a dam about newcastle v west brom

Of course, but they did both come down from the PL, Newcastle are seen as the biggest club in the division by a distance, and WBA are probably the favourites to go back up, so the attraction of the game is obvious... and while a South Yorkshire derby is of interest locally, I expect the people in Newcastle, London and most other places wouldn't be that bothered about it!

Also, there is the comedy interest with Newcastle, as it seems a lot of people would like to see them go straight through to league 1... :)

Of course, but they did both come down from the PL, Newcastle are seen as the biggest club in the division by a distance, and WBA are probably the favourites to go back up, so the attraction of the game is obvious... and while a South Yorkshire derby is of interest locally, I expect the people in Newcastle, London and most other places wouldn't be that bothered about it!

Also, there is the comedy interest with Newcastle, as it seems a lot of people would like to see them go straight through to league 1... :)

yes, not disputing that. thats why i said it depends where your from. most people in sheffield or have links to sheffield or teams would prefer a derby, most out of the area and broadcasters will always see newcastle as a bigger pull, they might also see the comedy part aswell with newcastle:hihi:

Any optimism is somewhat tempered by a fear that Blackwell might have a decent squad at his disposal but not the tactical knowledge in getting the team to play to its best.

Thus, a bit like the play-off final, Blackwell and his tactics might prove to be the undoing of the team.

As for Wednesday, it's a bit like the economy and the recession. Green shoots perhaps, but too soon to get too excited.

Ah, as me, a typical 'glass half-full Blade'. Cosmetically, things do look better for both Sheffield sides, but nothing to get excited about. If I'm being honest, I think Midweek would take mid-table right now rather than gamble on being at the top or bottom, and for us, the play-offs would be all I'd like to think about.

I can just see a season of mediocrity for both sides, really.

Your always welcome to put your neck on the line and put a few tips on yourself now and again, or do you not want to try?

And as for forum champ please enlighten me:confused:

Champ of CB's Tosh 13 prediction league mate(OK equal 1st then).Yes I may well show myself up with a few predictions next season.:D

Edited by Rocklegend
missed a word out