Is it only me that thinks things are looking up for BOTH Sheffield teams?

Snook

Id say Ross McCormack and Jason Scotland were not far away either.

McCormack was awesome last season.

If he stay's at Cardiff then him and Chopra will be by far the most lethal partnership in this division.

Ross McCormack didn't play for long at Hillsborough and Scotland was absolute poo as well. Beevers had him in his pocket all game.

Ross McCormack didn't play for long at Hillsborough and Scotland was absolute poo as well. Beevers had him in his pocket all game.

Yes that's cause Beever's is a good defender and that's why it look's like it could be a promising season, we have prooved we can do well against these good player's.

Saying that 42 goal's between them could hardley be as you call it "poo".

I know everyone seems to be slagging each others team off at the moment, and there seems to be a lot of childish name calling going on, but I've noticed that more than ever there seems to be a lot of 'my clubs great, yours is rubbish' coming out of both sides.

As far as United go, I think the loss of the Kyles was on the cards from almost the first time they both kicked a ball. They are very special talents and they will be a loss to the team. However, I, like many, was worried after last season that we would lose all our best players and have no money to spend. This hasn't happened, and if (big if) Little and Lita were both to sign before the start of the season then I see nothing to suggest we have a weaker side than last season. Evans looks like a good signing, and I'm mostly happy with the other signings.

The plans for the ground look good, and the ticket prices are still great to encourage more people to come and fill the ground. I still believe that McCabe has the desire to get the Blades into the premier and I think there if every chance that United can be up there in the top six at the end of the season.

Wednesday, perhaps the 'sleeping giant' is starting to wake? At least in terms of a Championship giant. The new board have given new life to the club and the fans seem to be looking forward to the new season for a change. The ticket prices have been set to entice the fans back, and I fully expect to see the attendances go up this season.

There have been some decent signings by Laws this season, and I think that Potter will do especially well for the owls. Most importantly Wednesday have managed to hold on to their players and that they now have the ability to turn down transfer offers shows the world of difference between the new board and the old one.

With new investment expected, and new plans for the stadium things are finally starting to look up for the ground, too! Hopefully these will be seen in the not to distant future.

To me, it looks like things are going well for both Sheffield teams, on and off the pitch, and it's been a long, long time since we have been able to say that. I feel that the pointless arguing is stupid from both sides. We all know what the home truths are when we look at things objectively, so why bother fighting about it.

That isn't to say that banter is a bad thing, but calling each other names are arguing about which stadium serves the best pies is not banter, it's just stupid.

So, lets celebrate that fact that we will soon have a city with two great stadiums and two premier league teams! (Well, we can hope, anyway)

Great post, the only aspect I'd dispute is that in my opinion Wednesday are well positioned playing wise, but still deep in the mire off the pitch!

We really need a good start to get people back in the ground again!

Chopra is not very good at all in my opinion, not a patch on Scotland and E Banks Blake !

Chopra has prooved that he can score goal's for fun in the Championship.

Him and McCormack sound a mouth-watering partnership.

No wonder Cardiff are trying so hard to keep McCormack, i think they know they have a real chance of automatic promotion with that strike force and the player's which they have steadily built up.

Cardiff will be dangerous this season, and only missed out on a possible premiership place by Wednesday on the last day.

I totally agree with you Snook there is a lot to look forward to this year and i expect both teams to be around the top 8.

I dont fear any of the teams coming down but teams such as Ipswich, Forest, Derby, Cardiff could make it interesting.

I totally agree with you Snook there is a lot to look forward to this year and i expect both teams to be around the top 8.

I dont fear any of the teams coming down but teams such as Ipswich, Forest, Derby, Cardiff could make it interesting.

At the moment Ipswich are losing at home to Real Valladolid 1-0 and have looked poor in pre-season looking at there results.

Also West Brom are losing at half time to Cheltenham lol.

There's been some very strange pre season result's, more than usual.

At the moment Ipswich are losing at home to Real Valladolid 1-0 and have looked poor in pre-season looking at there results.

Also West Brom are losing at half time to Cheltenham lol.

There's been some very strange pre season result's, more than usual.

I think the Orient v Newcastle game was the best so far! :hihi:

There are a lot of good teams in the division, but I think both teams have a chance.

I think the Orient v Newcastle game was the best so far! :hihi:

There are a lot of good teams in the division, but I think both teams have a chance.

Yes that must have been worrying, i saw a piece somewhere the other day showing you how many fan's turned up to there friendly at St Jame's Park against Leed's.

16.000 and odd, Leed's brought 5000 aswell, i doubt you will see St Jame's Park full any time soon for a league game.

Great post, the only aspect I'd dispute is that in my opinion Wednesday are well positioned playing wise, but still deep in the mire off the pitch!

We really need a good start to get people back in the ground again!

If you look at Corkers' sig, and the run of games the owls have at the start of the season, you really ought to be at least in the top 6 by the end of those games - some very winnable games, particularly with the uplift in mood and the Tudgay re-signing.

It's hard to see you losing any of those, and could quite easily win almost all of them, in particular the game at Newcastle is virtually a guaranteed 3 points! If you're in the top two or three going into the Lane derby (especially as we've got a few tricky looking games to start), your crowds could be looking to be upto at least the 30k mark - nothing brings a crowd back more than challenging at the top. Certainly will be interesting!