South yorkshire travel pass - bus train tram

Can this be used to travel to and from leeds?

anyone know?

cheers

anyone know?

cheers

No mate, you can only use it as far as Donny but you might aswell use it to there as it might be cheaper to Leed's from Doncaster than to Leed's from sheffield, hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Edited by CorkerSWFC

its still a bargain, i pay £84 and its all travel in south yorks for a month! trams bus and train all in!

its still a bargain, i pay £84 and its all travel in south yorks for a month! trams bus and train all in!

Not bad although i still think theres way's round travelling round the UK without spending these mad prices for a pass what doesn't even get you out of your home County.

For instance i got a ticket on a website two day's ago, 2 passengers to London Victoria Coach Station, 2 hours 45 minutes travel time from Sheffield.

Free plus 50p booking fee id say that was almost nicking it :)

anyone know?

cheers

It can't be used to travel to and from Leeds but you can go as far as the South Yorkshire-West Yorkshire border which is at Moorthorpe (on the Sheffield to Leeds via Goldthorpe line), Darton (on the Sheffield to Leeds via Barnsley line) or South Elmsall (on the Doncaster to Leeds line). If you travel to Leeds on a train that stops at one of those stations you can use your SY ticket for the part of the journey within SY and then buy a ticket for the part within West Yorkshire. The last time I did that the rail fares in West Yorkshire were reasonable and the West Yorkshire DayRover is good value if you need to catch another bus or train within WY. Here are the area maps:

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/NR/rdonlyres/FF52C056-1E03-43E5-95B3-206F5020BF09/0/NetworkMaps.pdf

http://www.wymetro.com/TrainTravel/metrotrainstations/Stations.htm

However, you can't use SY or WY area travel passes on express trains that don't stop at a border station such as East Coast main line or Cross Country trains.

However, you can't use SY or WY area travel passes on express trains that don't stop at a border station such as East Coast main line or Cross Country trains

Which also means that the op could be waiting ages for the trains, and in all honesty be well out of there way for a few pence.

Not bad although i still think theres way's round travelling round the UK without spending these mad prices for a pass what doesn't even get you out of your home County.

For instance i got a ticket on a website two day's ago, 2 passengers to London Victoria Coach Station, 2 hours 45 minutes travel time from Sheffield.

Free plus 50p booking fee id say that was almost nicking it :)

How much was that then? i travelled down by train today, very quick but its £32. i do it once or twice a month so it gets a tad expensive, thats one of the lows of emigrating oop north i guess.

Which also means that the op could be waiting ages for the trains, and in all honesty be well out of there way for a few pence.

This may be true as I've not looked at the single fares because I tend to use a DayRover if I go to West Yorkshire. What I should have said was that if you have a SY travel pass and want to travel to Leeds you have effectively already paid for half the journey so if you don't mind taking the stopping train you only have to pay for the half in West Yorkshire.

How much was that then? i travelled down by train today, very quick but its £32. i do it once or twice a month so it gets a tad expensive, thats one of the lows of emigrating oop north i guess.

I went on ok i'll tell ya lol, the megabus site to see how much it would be to get to London on the 6th July for 2 people bus or train, i scrolled down and it said free for the 3.45am coach which gets you there at 6 something, and the 10.05 coach which gets you there at 2.15 all i had to pay was 50p booking fee, there was coaches back for free but the ones that were free were too early, its 10 quid for two people to get back from London at 10.41.

This may be true as I've not looked at the single fares because I tend to use a DayRover if I go to West Yorkshire. What I should have said was that if you have a SY travel pass and want to travel to Leeds you have effectively already paid for half the journey so if you don't mind taking the stopping train you only have to pay for the half in West Yorkshire.

Im stopping here im not good with trains i always miss em lol, although i do love travelling lol :thumbsup:

I am not too sure on this but I think Meadowhall Railway Ticket Office (on the Bridge) and maybe Barnsley Railway Sration sell West Yorkshire Metro Tickets.

If you buy the MetroMaster from either a SYPTE or WYMETRO (WYPTE) travel information centre, this can be used on all local bus services across South and West Yorkshire and currently costs around £93 per month. Only downside is, you can't use it on the trains or trams!