Best Chinese Takeaways thread.

Huh ???

I have eaten food for the last 34 years so i would say i know a bit about food but will say i am learning every day that i am on this earth, so educate me !

do you know some takeaway use water injected chicken (upto 30%) , how the chef cook makes all the deferences as most dishes are stir fried so the chef is important.

from what i read from your post. you havnt got a clue on food

do you know some takeaway use water injected chicken (upto 30%) , how the chef cook makes all the deferences as most dishes are stir fried so the chef is important.

We used to use a Chinese in Clowne (Derbyshire) but only on a Thursday as the food was second to none. According to the delivery driver who I got chatting too, on a Thursday the owners friend popped in to cook while they had the night off. Any other night the food was watery and lacking taste, one Thursday the food was also vile! The friend had stopped cooking for them. We not been back since. Not had Chinese since. Use to be my favourite food lol. When will I ever have a nice, decent sweet and sour chicken lol.

Ok i see your baiting and to be honest i couldnt give a monkeys what you think ! :hihi:

I am just about to go and cook something to eat i wondered if you could advise me

on what i should have ?

Edited by Starlc

I'm not sure what it's called, but there is a Chinese takeaway near where the Proud Potato used to be on middle wood road, and their stuff is lovely. Piled high too, but not Compromised on quality. Their sweet and sour balls are lovely, and if you order just three or four portions of any particular dish, it will feed an army!! Not had one for ages, and when my gut problem clears up, I'm going to try it out again. All this talk is making me feel better already!!:)

I'm not sure what it's called, but there is a Chinese takeaway near where the Proud Potato used to be on middle wood road, and their stuff is lovely. Piled high too, but not Compromised on quality. Their sweet and sour balls are lovely, and if you order just three or four portions of any particular dish, it will feed an army!! Not had one for ages, and when my gut problem clears up, I'm going to try it out again. All this talk is making me feel better already!!:)

there are a few chinese takeaways there. IMO none of them are much cop. Hei Moon (mentioned above) inbetween Leppings Lane and Hillsborough Park tram stops is much better. Sadly the opening hours seem more sporadic and it was a nice restaurant before it came takeaway only.

• 4 weeks later...

CANTON KING Middlewood Rd was, still might be the best Chinese takeaway IMO, in S6 area I don't live in that part of Sheffield anymore, so don't go unfortunately, Smashing food, Massive portions. I Now live near Handsworth and the best one I'v come across is GREAT WALL in Woodhouse..Nice food.

Edited by reaney77