:hihi: Er, I'm not being serious here, you do know this .... don't you?:suspect: Or do you want a punch-up lass.:hihi::P

I know it's not serious - think that there have been a couple to posts by others that have been though - or is it that you didn't really think the rats were cute???

I do think the rats are cute.:thumbsup: Wouldn't want to snog one though.:gag: I guess we're all making light of this because any one of us could be a regular customer of a similar shop and when you look around Sheffield there are lots of places that have the appearance of somewhere that rats might thrive.

Have seen programmes on TV whereby outlets have been closed down for a few days following 'Health Police' discovering vermin infestations due to filth. Then, they are allowed to reopen as if nothing was wrong. When to my mind they should be closed for good as the proprietors were obviously lacking in consideration for the wellbeing of all concerned. I know for a fact that I would never knowingly use a shop/takeaway/restaurant that has ever had health issues in the past.

We have to hope that all concerned with this shop never get the chance to work in food sales ever again .... and any other places tied to this outlet are also given the once over ... without prior warning.

That's me being serious.:cool:

I do think the rats are cute.:thumbsup: Wouldn't want to snog one though.:gag: I guess we're all making light of this because any one of us could be a regular customer of a similar shop and when you look around Sheffield there are lots of places that have the appearance of somewhere that rats might thrive.

Have seen programmes on TV whereby outlets have been closed down for a few days following 'Health Police' discovering vermin infestations due to filth. Then, they are allowed to reopen as if nothing was wrong. When to my mind they should be closed for good as the proprietors were obviously lacking in consideration for the wellbeing of all concerned. I know for a fact that I would never knowingly use a shop/takeaway/restaurant that has ever had health issues in the past.

We have to hope that all concerned with this shop never get the chance to work in food sales ever again .... and any other places tied to this outlet are also given the once over ... without prior warning.

That's me being serious.:cool:

You are very right - not 18 months ago did I buy a curry from Sharrowvale Rd, and it gave my husband such a severe strain of food poisoning, he was dangerously ill for over a month, and under hospital supervision for 6 months! That restaurant later recieved awards for best new restaurant etc - they were only cautioned for this diabolical situation, and I don't think they missed more than a days trading!!! It was def the restaurant food that got my oh - the doctors said what had caused it, and it was the only chicken he'd eaten in weeks...

Stinks doesn't it.:mad:

I only hope the entire contents of this 'grot hole' on Staniforth Road are destroyed and not allowed to be passed on to some other shop for open sale, and that the owners are prosecuted fully.

Stinks doesn't it.:mad:

I only hope the entire contents of this 'grot hole' on Staniforth Road are destroyed and not allowed to be passed on to some other shop for open sale, and that the owners are prosecuted fully.

I would like to think that the owners will be prosecuted too - but what are the chances? Let's hope that their situation has opened up a can or worms (or rats!) and the environmental health will take a closer look at similar shops with a grotty appearance? Why anyone would buy old veg etc from these places is beyond me though - this shop isn't a spit from Asda, and whatever you think of Walmart et al, they'll more than likely not poison you!

I have seen a few horrific shops like this round Firvale, it makes you wonder where they even source this stuff from.

He was selling these.
Bleuuurgh! :gag: I don't feel like eating my tea anymore.

i've seen there vans loading up with lamb/mutton from a butchers on the estate where i work,i work in on of the other units and it's about time someone started looking at Khawaja Brothers there vans and employees are absolutly filthy,the vans aren't even refridgerated,thety are a disgrace and should be shut down,we have vets come from the mhs and evrything has to be spot on,but these guys get away with it!!!l utterly disgraceful!!

Back in the old Aryian days of Darnall and Staniforth Road, didn't these premises used to be Cyril T Coes butchers shop.

Better hygene then, but not by all that much according poular belief in the 50's and 60's

Back in the old Aryian days of Darnall and Staniforth Road, didn't these premises used to be Cyril T Coes butchers shop.

Better hygene then, but not by all that much according poular belief in the 50's and 60's

cyril coes and his parrot in back room yes i remember it as a kid growing up darnall, still his meat was spot on.

i've seen there vans loading up with lamb/mutton from a butchers on the estate where i work,i work in on of the other units and it's about time someone started looking at Khawaja Brothers there vans and employees are absolutly filthy,the vans aren't even refridgerated,thety are a disgrace and should be shut down,we have vets come from the mhs and evrything has to be spot on,but these guys get away with it!!!l utterly disgraceful!!

Raw meat doesn't need to be refrigerated as long as it's cooked within a certain time of slaughter. Indeed when I was a kid very few butchers had fridges and meat tasted much better than the crud that supermarkets sell these days.

Most cases of poisoning from meat arises from using the same utensils/slabs /dirty-hands for cooked and uncooked meat, and the infection is invariably from the cooked meat.

Agree about Khawaja Brothers vans though - I've seen them delivering in Fir Vale :gag: - but it was only raw lamb and chicken.

Raw meat doesn't need to be refrigerated as long as it's cooked within a certain time of slaughter. Indeed when I was a kid very few butchers had fridges and meat tasted much better than the crud that supermarkets sell these days.

Most cases of poisoning from meat arises from using the same utensils/slabs /dirty-hands for cooked and uncooked meat, and the infection is invariably from the cooked meat.

Agree about Khawaja Brothers vans though - I've seen them delivering in Fir Vale :gag: - but it was only raw lamb and chicken.

Are these the big white trucks that park just before the lights and fill up with diesel fumes from all the traffic they've caused to be stood there, because the back is wide open displaying the filthy interior?

The blokes who unload it look as though they've just done 12 hours servicing tractors.:gag: