Why do women wear face paint?

Yeh I see your point. I suppose this thread was more questioning those women who do sllllllllap.

I assume the aim is not for people to go "oh look they're wearing face paint" but rather "wow she has beautiful eyes". But are they only beautiful because they've been made all large and mesmorising by the mascara/eye makeup?

The thing is though, to be fair, you've got to have got something to work with to start with. You can emphasise as much as you like, but if you don't have nice eyes, for example, to start with - no amount of make-up is going to change that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder obviously, and no offence is made to anyone there (people who have seen me first thing after the night before can testify I don't look good with OR without make-up in that instance), but unfortunately, it IS true.

Foxforcefive - you need NO make-up anyway! :D

I'll leave out now as I don't wear much! :hihi:

Oh - and some of us women like the unshaven look anyway :thumbsup:

Facial rough? Do you like the feeling of sandpaper down there or something?

Sean Bean rough I mean ! :D

I wear makeup because it looks good, feels good and it's my choice to do so.

I don't feel naked without it, but it does give me an outlet to be creative.

I don't do subtle, that's the goth in me, but it never looks like I'm wearing a mask either.

I wear lovely clothes, I dye my hair to a colour that I much prefer and I like to make the best of myself. Is it hiding? I don't think so really, it's more like I've added a ribbon to the package and I only ever do it for myself.

Why do women wear face paint? Because they want to :suspect: What about blokes that wear make-up? Why are they excluded? :suspect:

I wear makeup because it looks good, feels good and it's my choice to do so.

I don't feel naked without it, but it does give me an outlet to be creative.

I don't do subtle, that's the goth in me, but it never looks like I'm wearing a mask either.

I wear lovely clothes, I dye my hair to a colour that I much prefer and I like to make the best of myself. Is it hiding? I don't think so really, it's more like I've added a ribbon to the package and I only ever do it for myself.

Well as long as you are only doing it for yourself. Didn't mean to presume anything in the OP, it was a genuine question. Even the very word "makeup" is suggestive to me.

Why do women wear face paint? Because they want to :suspect: What about blokes that wear make-up? Why are they excluded? :suspect:

Whenever I see blokes wearing it, it's always in the context of alternative fashion as opposed to the "daily ritual" in which many (not all) women involve themselves. While the effect is not much different, the psychology behind it is.

Men who DO wear makeup for daily cosmetic reasons are very rare are they not? Didn't mean to be sexist.

That's the thing, I'm pretty comfortable with myself and my looks, but on a night out, the make-up comes out, don't know why, to fit it maybe, maybe to match my face to my pretty dress, who knows, it's quite sad when you think about it.

Women feel more confident with a little make up, rather like blokes feel more confident with 6 pints inside them.

Whether that is more attractive to the opposite sex is debatable.

I think where the problems start is when people of both sexes go beyond moderation and either get blathered in make up or booze.

The Barbra Cartland image is about as attractive as the bloke covered in vomit peeing his pants in the gutter.:gag:

Whenever I see blokes wearing it, it's always in the context of alternative fashion as opposed to the "daily ritual" in which many (not all) women involve themselves. While the effect is not much different, the psychology behind it is.

Men who DO wear makeup for daily cosmetic reasons are very rare are they not? Didn't mean to be sexist.

Mmmm, not sure. I went to a restaurant along with some other forummers some months back and the bar was full of transvestites. Granted, I haven't seen many in my time in this city, but I reckon there are a lot more than we believe. As for why they wear make-up, surely that isn't much different to why our lady folk wear it.

Mmmm, not sure. I went to a restaurant along with some other forummers some months back and the bar was full of transvestites. Granted, I haven't seen many in my time in this city, but I reckon there are a lot more than we believe. As for why they wear make-up, surely that isn't much different to why our lady folk wear it.

Yes, and I'm confident they would appreciate being placed into the category of "woman" in that situation :)

Edit: Although asking a transvestite "why do you wear makeup" might just come across as taking the pee. :)

Im not entirely sure on this one....But putting a different perspective on it...

You often find teen girls wear it to look older than they are to maybe get served for alcohol, get into pubs, clubs etc, or impress the older lad.

Then it flips and the older woman will maybe wear it to hide wrinkles or feel good about themselves. Im not saying this is true for every case but a possibilty.

I wear foundation if im going to work and a bit of mascara, but not much else unless im on a night out. And thats only usually lip gloss and eye shadow to make my eyes stand out a bit more. I dont feel awake enough if i go to work without it if that makes sense?

How many men would say they prefer a woman without make up, honestly?

Or those that wear make up to hide scars or birth marks?

I think there are many different reasons why women wear it, from self confidence to bad complexions.

All just my opinion though.

I used to wear make-up but haven't used it now for over two years - in fact I don't possess any as I either threw or gave it away.

I don't bother with makeup at all these days and I certainly don't feel "naked".

I suppose if I was in a job where I met the public everyday (say a receptionist) then maybe I would feel the urge to wear makeup but as I don't, I don't feel any need for it.

Im not entirely sure on this one....But putting a different perspective on it...

You often find teen girls wear it to look older than they are to maybe get served for alcohol, get into pubs, clubs etc, or impress the older lad.

Then it flips and the older woman will maybe wear it to hide wrinkles or feel good about themselves. Im not saying this is true for every case but a possibilty.

I wear foundation if im going to work and a bit of mascara, but not much else unless im on a night out. And thats only usually lip gloss and eye shadow to make my eyes stand out a bit more. I dont feel awake enough if i go to work without it if that makes sense?

How many men would say they prefer a woman without make up, honestly?

Or those that wear make up to hide scars or birth marks?

I think there are many different reasons why women wear it, from self confidence to bad complexions.

All just my opinion though.

On weekdays I don't bother wearing makeup before lunch as I swim nearly everyday. However afterwards I like a bit of lippy before I go for lunch as well as a bit of "after swim".

In the evenings and at weekends it is a different matter, and I do like to take a bit of time over things and feel much better in myself for it.

Regarding male make up. I see quite a lot of it. Most just use hair dye, but lots also wear discrete make up. Some others not so discrete. It is far more common with the under 25s, and isn't a transvestite thing.