Bad Sheffield Drivers!

People who, overtake on the inside on motorways.

That wouldn't happen if the selfish pricks staying in the faster lanes (normally the middle lane, why should others cross 3 lanes and back again? ) cos they can see a truck miles up the road moved, Seriously! Mercedes, BMW & a growing number of Audi drivers are the vast majority of culprits, just the same as all the way down roads like Price of wales etc duel carrageways where ignorant/selfish drivers stay in the inside lane because they will be turning ar the junction/roundabout miles down the road.

I love the sweeping generalization that all BMW drivers are the same. They don't use indicators blah blah. Well I'm a BMW driver and ALWAYS use my indicators. I dont block lanes and generally use my noggin. Which most, Ford, Vauxhall, Citroen and other car drivers don't. If you observe the amount of idiots who DON'T use indicators and cant get into their heads that moving over a slight amount at a junction can ease the conjestion. Or letting a few people out of a junction rather than sitting there one track minded. Then you will notice its across the board. The problem is some/most drivers aint got a clue full stop!

I stand by what I said but will add that it is the family man, middle aged woman chatting to go with those vehicles that are the worst, and not generalisation, I travel up and down the motorway a lot each week, it is those brand cars, the overall mindset is of road owning, Mercedes drivers are by far the worst.

People who drive at 50 MPH on 60 MPH roads, then when passing through a 30 MPH area continue at 50, seemingly oblivious. You watch them fade into the sunset, only to find yourself stuck behind them again a few minutes later.. *sigh*

People who don't merge in turn. I hate this. When two lanes drop down to one, if the car on the left lets in a single car on the right at the point of convergence, then the traffic merges with the minimum of fuss and time. So why do some people on the left refuse to let people in, with the whole 'I was here first' attitude?

People joining motorways who think cars on the motorway have to give way to them, not round the other way.

Drivers in the third lane at a roundabout, i.e. the line indicated 'turn right only' who then try and race everyone in the other two lanes to go straight across - giving you the finger when they have to stop dead in the middle of the roundabout as you didn't let them in.

I try not to think about bad drivers too much, it's depressing :)

i totally agree with everyone about middle lane hoggers on the motorway , theres 3 lanes cos 2 are for overtaking not 1 slow 2 dordle and 3 fast , im sure it says in the highway code you can undertake when the outside lane or lanes are slowing down or stopping and im not on about the nutters shooting down the inside at 90 cos the other 2 lanes are only doing 80 even though the limits 70

my pet hate is when you get to a T junction and you want to turn left but you cant because the driver at the front wants to turn right and hes not pulled over to one side far enough so it holds all the traffic up, mini roundabouts get rid of this problem only trouble is most drivers dont know how to use them so its a no win !!!

I was in a line of cars driving down Queens Road city bound this morning (bus lane in operation). I was the first car stopped at the junction with Duchess Rd traffic lights just after B&Q. A chav'd up VW Golf zooms to a halt down my left hand side. Lights turn to green and he proceeds to do a right hand turn up Duchess Rd straight in front of me and straight in front of two oncoming lanes of traffic also just setting off!! :o

Not really, going abroad and ignorance is not an excuse, highway code and law are there, not knowing about them are not an excuse. They should be studied before visiting the country in question.

That may well make good sense but it's a bit rich asking all the pedestrian and driving visitors from overseas to acquaint themselves with our Highway Code when 99% of our home-grown drivers have only vague memories of what's in it having last looked at it when they took their L-test.