Bad Sheffield Drivers!

You should be up to the speed limit if conditions allow, otherwise you can be pulled for driving without due care & attention. Time to have another look at your highway code.

Maybe some others on this forum should have a look as well. 'The speed limit is a limit not a target' is the usual line.

Yeah, well in good conditions that 'limit' has been adjudged to be a safe speed for the road, so drive to it.

And another immensely annoying one - people who have no idea what the national speed limit actually is, usually driving at 50mph on single carraigeways.

Edited by anitajm

Not everyone has to drive at the maximum speed limit for the road. 40 mph in a 50mph limit seems fine to me. If you find that you are being held up by slower drivers, perhaps you should leave earlier!

The A57 is a 60 limit in most places. 40 in a 60 zone is not making reasonable progress (if the conditions are not bad).

The A57 is a 60 limit in most places. 40 in a 60 zone is not making reasonable progress (if the conditions are not bad).

i'd like to see you do 40 in a 60 zone on a driving test or lesson,nowadays all drivers are encouraged to drive to the speed limit,if you can go 30mph go 30,if you can go 60mph go 60.if you dont have the confidence to drive to the higher speed limits then maybe you dont belong on the road?

for me there is nothing more frustrating than driving down the bypass between shirebrook and normanton when some people decide to got 40 -45 mph on a 60mph road,then get to the roundabout at either end then don't indicate at all!!

The car in the inside lane is travelling slower, so the car overtaking (me) is travelling faster, with me so far?

Obviously, I will be passing that car yeah?

Then once past it, and a safe distance in front (they reccommend at least 4 car lengths at these speeds) before pulling back into that lane.

Check mirror, someone has moved across behind me and taken the chance to come up the inside because the fast lane is not fast enough.

but if he's that close to you on the inside how does the car undertake you?if there is room for them to undertake there is room for you to move over.not matter how you dress it up there is room for you to mover over so move or go quicker!

Are you agreeing with me, or arguing against something I didn't say?

I was the one who complained about people driving too slowly.

sorry mate just saw you post and quoted!!you must have quoted from previous post of somebody else,i totally agree with you about people not going to the speed limit,they should simple,you are now taught to go 2-3 mph under the limit not 10-15 mph under

it was miss loutys post you quoted on

Sheffield taxi drivers going 20mph everywhere and slowing down to 15mph for every group of people, then pulling over without indicating and finally doing a u-turn just as you find space to overtake them!

Oh and prats using the outside lane on roundabouts to turn right, without even indicating.

If andrejuan is waiting four car lengths before pulling in then that's why he's being undertaken.

If you're passing a car (ie travelling faster) you can pull in much sooner than that as the gap will continue to increase as you are moving over. You should be indicating almost straight away after passing (if there is indeed a gap large enough to warrant pulling in), and have started to ease over within 2 car lengths after passing IMO.

Sheffield taxi drivers going 20mph everywhere and slowing down to 15mph for every group of people, then pulling over without indicating and finally doing a u-turn just as you find space to overtake them!

Oh and prats using the outside lane on roundabouts to turn right, without even indicating.

I've had this little gem twice now as I come off the motorway at Junc 33 North bound.

I use the right hand lane to enter the parkway (1st exit, valid use of the lanes). Someone in the left hand lane (marked left only, ie should always take the parkway) decides they are actually going to Rotherham and turns across me (or behind me if I've got my foot down).

Also, same place, lorry coming around the roundabout ignored his red light and continued towards the parkway, fortunately I'd seen that he wasn't slowing, and so I ignored my green and waited.

Or those muppets who use the right hand lane that clearly says ‘right turn only’. To then floor it as the lights turn green to jump across all three lanes so they can turn left instead and it’s usually the same kinds of cars, Audis or BMW's.