Over priced beer.

I went in the Bradway Hotel on Friday night, & was charged £2-90 for a pint of Timothy Taylors Landlord!

Is this the most expensive pint in Sheffield?

No. Any bottled beer in most pubs is about 5quid a pint (equivalent price). But people pay it so they can wave the bottle about. The fools.

In terms of draught beer (whether cask or keg) the dearest I've had recently is £3.70 per pint of Grolsch in the St Paul's Hotel, Peace Gardens.

franziskaner is over £4 in the forum IIRC.

A lot of the pubs on west st charge over £3 for carling...

Lager drinkers are fair-game to be ripped-off, especially in town. But this is a suburban pub, & I'd usually accept to pay about £2-50.

On Friday night you could have wandered round the corner to the Beer & Balls festival and enjoyed a fantastic range of real ales and ciders at £2.40 per pint.... or rolled down to the Castle and drunk beer at about a similar price. The Bradway seems to be more of a smart foodie place these days.

We paid £3.40 for a pint of old rosie in the Cobden View the other week...!

The first (and the last) time I went to Nonnas in December 2006, I was charged £3.95 for a pint of their ONLY draught beer/lager, Nastro Asurro Peroni.

Although nice, was a bit steep, and I dread to think how much it costs two and a half years on.

Only one answer to overpriced ANYTHING is to vote with your feet. If all drinkers stayed at home for a fortnight and remained dry [no sneaking off to the offy] the brewers would sit up and prices would collapse.

Beer is not like petrol, you can [believe it or not ] function quite well without it, it is not essential. Try it, you may be amazed. Your behaviour should improve, along with your memory. Your bank balance will improve rapidly.;)

You guys should thank yourself lucky that beer prices here are nothing like Manchester or worse still, London. Coming from Manc myself I find the majority of places to be very good value in comparison. Granted, the city centre bars are not far behind manc in terms of prices, but there are some good cheap pints to be had round these parts. I live near the Fat Cat which was 2nd in CAMRA sheff pubs this year. The Kelham ISland best bitter is lovely and costs £1.85 a pint and £1.20 a pint on Mondays!

I went to La Civetta Di Roberto in Hillsborough last year, a foodie meet which I organised, and they charged me £4 for a Pint of Bitter that's about £1.95 in the Rawson Spring down the road from there.. If I hadn't been in mixed company I would've objected rather loudly.