Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

. used to knock around with lynn wilcockson

Jinx's sister, for her sins!

that may be the sanderson twins

It definitely was the Sandersons. Kenneth & Keith.

Hi Kate,yes i also remember all those teachers.especialy Mr Holden who gave me the cane twice,once for saying i had not been talking and one extra for telling lies !! but i have forgotten the timid french teacher whose life was made a misery by the pupils.Mr Brightmore was supposed to be horrible but as a form teacher he was nice and offered thickies like me extra help which paid off.when asked what x was in an equasion his stock answer was" I DONT GIVE A TOSS ,IT COULD BE CARROTS FOR ALL I CARE "but he owned the most flexible cane in school.

ps I am going out with Val & Neil on Saturday

Hi Pete - hope you are ok. Give Val my love. The french teacher was Mr Moxon and yes we were awful. Mr Brightmore terrified me - remember the board rubber used to go flying round the classroom!

Mr Metcalf was the Rural science teacher and I was the teachers pet in that class for three years I got away with just about anything :- until Pip White

decided to throw an egg at Mr Mitchell(which lucky for him it bounced off and broke on the floor) which caused a riot. As I was wagging the first two lessons that afternoon I sliped back into school unaware of anything. Me and Dave Duffy got blamed for starting said riot,we were given ten strokes of the cane by Mr Metcalf on the bit of grass outside of his classroom watched by most of the school from the top corridor much to the amusement of my mates that knew I had sod all to do with the riot,I could not deny it or I would have got done for wagging it . Life is so unfair!!!

Oh how we laughed LOL

Mr Metcalfe is alive and kicking I beleive and lives somewhere at Burncross I think. he was intereviewed a while back on look leeds over some involvement with the RAF association and he was named as Thumper Metcalfe which I am assured by Chris Anderson(whos mam has the little hairdressers on Chaucer shops ) that Thumper was actually his christian name,pretty damn appropriate.

Oh how we laughed LOL

Mr Metcalfe is alive and kicking I beleive and lives somewhere at Burncross I think. he was intereviewed a while back on look leeds over some involvement with the RAF association and he was named as Thumper Metcalfe which I am assured by Chris Anderson(whos mam has the little hairdressers on Chaucer shops ) that Thumper was actually his christian name,pretty damn appropriate.

I lived on Yew Lane and went to Yew Lane School between 1965 and left in Easter 1969 ...i too remember Stan ? Metcalfe ...I 'd had a minor operation on my Big Toe and got called to the front of the class for talking to mi' mate . Mr Metcalfe was an intimidating bloke , (especially to an 11 year old lad ) and came up to me and shouted 'i'm standing on your foot , boy'....i was in tears by this time and said 'Please Sir ,if you want to stand on mi' foot , will you stand on the other 'un as i've got 5 stitches in mi' Big Toe ...My classmates could tell he was embarrassed by his actions . He then asked who i supported and then 'promised' to get me a ticket for Sheff Weds next home game ...(.i'm still waiting for it):(...but , at a reunion a good few years ago , he was there ...i went up and introduced myself to him and asked if he remembered that incident ...he didn't know where to put his face ,as he was in the company of several former teachers at the time...:hihi:

Metcalfe ......:hihi:

Pete Ashmore and Bungi both hated his guts..

Oh how we laughed LOL

Dont know how true it is but I was told before he went teaching at Yew Lane he worked at a Borstal somewhere,Has Chris Andersons mam still got the hairdresses?if she has she would be the only original owner left.

Yeah Batt ..we got told of the Borstal link ...not sure if it was true ..but certainly believeable with that attitude ..

Dont know how true it is but I was told before he went teaching at Yew Lane he worked at a Borstal somewhere,Has Chris Andersons mam still got the hairdresses?if she has she would be the only original owner left.

Has Plummers gone?

Has Plummers gone?

Dunno havent been up there for ages, can anyone remember the name of the shop at the other end before it was a chinese take-away?

i lived on mansel avenue from the age of 11, and went to yewlands school, got chased from the chinese chippy a few times. used to knock around with lynnwilcockson and sharon malpass, can anyone remember a teacher at yewlands called mr metcalf

I know Lynn and Sharon. And i remember Mr Metcalf. You might remember me. Julie Cornthwaite ?

Was it the Mr Metcalf who was rather friendly with the needlework teacher Miss Fife?

Edited by JulieKC
add

Al,unfortunately Chris`s mam passed away a few years back and the chinese was Gallons before and dodger Laws mam worked there

Bushy,I think you know that Plummers has been long gone,now some chain store,bet they dont let their old cat sleep on the spuds LOL

Julie,I couldnt poassibly comment