Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Bushy,I think you know that Plummers has been long gone,now some chain store,bet they dont let their old cat sleep on the spuds LOL

Nice girl used to live above Austens (Susan??). She once asked me up to the flat to help with her maths homework. (No, really - it was algebra)

Sue was Rodneys sister ,Rod was my age.Saw Sue workings in Morrisons at Ecco recently I recognised her ,she has changed a lot but she didn't seem to know me

I think everybody must have lived on cross at some time or other? or at least spent a night or two there :hihi:

Sue was Rodneys sister ,Rod was my age.Saw Sue workings in Morrisons at Ecco recently I recognised her ,she has changed a lot but she didn't seem to know me

Tash do you remember Peter Pridmore? he was in our year his Parents had the shop next to the Andersons, Nice girl Sue Austin she knocked about with us when the German exchange students came over and we had several parties. Oh and thanks for letting me know it was Gallons

Al,unfortunately Chris`s mam passed away a few years back and the chinese was Gallons before and dodger Laws mam worked there

Bushy,I think you know that Plummers has been long gone,now some chain store,bet they dont let their old cat sleep on the spuds LOL

Julie,I couldnt poassibly comment

Ha Ha Ha !!! Any way, whats this video Ive been hearing about? It seems it was very popular here in Notts. House wives of a certain area???

Tash do you remember Peter Pridmore? he was in our year his Parents had the shop next to the Andersons, Nice girl Sue Austin she knocked about with us when the German exchange students came over and we had several parties. Oh and thanks for letting me know it was Gallons

Pridmores had the beer off /sweet shop used to get my Jublies and cola cubes from there :hihi:

Think Pete dissapeared with the shop dint he? dont remember him much after juniors

Pridmores had the beer off /sweet shop used to get my Jublies and cola cubes from there :hihi:

Think Pete dissapeared with the shop dint he? dont remember him much after juniors

Pridmores had the wool shop your probably thinking of Heenans, I think Pete went about halfway through juniors could have been even earlier.

Pridmores had the wool shop your probably thinking of Heenans, I think Pete went about halfway through juniors could have been even earlier.

I stand corrected mate,Heenans it was, I also used to fetch sachets of hair lacquer for me mam an sis LOL

I stand corrected mate,Heenans it was, I also used to fetch sachets of hair lacquer for me mam an sis LOL

Heenan’s was great

It had two entrances. The top one (towards Foggy’s) was where the sweets were: Black Jacks and Sports Mixtures 4-a-Penny, Rainbow Crystals, Sherbert Dib-dabs and Winter Mixtures.

The other door, towards Plummers, was for grown up stuff. They would split a ten Park drive pack and sell you 5 (sometimes even one or two) and would throw in a few loose matches to boot. They’d also sell you a Party Seven, without too much bother about proof of age.

I remember one night, me and Deso bought a Watneys oil drum and went round the back of the pensioners flats opposite, drank it dry, and slept on the benches there. It was absolutely freezing when we woke up so went round to Jinx’s garage on Mansell ave, and slept under an old piece of carpet until it was time to nick a bottle o’milk form Sharon Norton’s doorstep

We made our own entertainment in those days….

:headbang:

that was smiths hardware

That was my dad's shop! We left there in 1971 when he retired

You didn't hang on to any of those little plastic rockets with the cap in the nose did you? I used to really love them

Are you the son? if so think you were in my and The Batts year at Mansel which would make you 53 ish,is it Steven ?sorry cant remember your name .