Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

You didn't hang on to any of those little plastic rockets with the cap in the nose did you? I used to really love them

They were great but sorry, no I haven't got any left!!

Are you the son? if so think you were in my and The Batts year at Mansel which would make you 53 ish,is it Steven ?sorry cant remember your name .

Yes that's me. It's Allan and yes I'm 53 next year

Yes that's me. It's Allan and yes I'm 53 next year

Oooo I am confused now ,Alan is definitely the name I now remember but if your not 53 till next year perhaps my memories wrongabout the schoolyear :hihi: as me and the Batt are 53 now 54 next

I am Denis Ashford by the way if that rings any bells.

Remember your dads shop was like the one in he two Ronnies sketch with a lovely smell of boot polish :hihi:

Remember your dads shop was like the one in he two Ronnies sketch with a lovely smell of boot polish :hihi:

I remember the time my mum sent me in for four candles.....

:hihi:

I remember the time my mum sent me in for four candles.....

:hihi:

I had to go in for some o,s .

i lived on mansel cresent till 1960 then we moved to foxhill for a while we ended up on rokeby road lived there till 1973

Ian lived right by the garage and you were next door, or very near I think. Bonj = John Birkett swap the J and B around. I think it was Stephen Broughton (Tam) that came up with that.

Yes, looking back through the posts here the ones about the man who followed his biro around and chuntered to himself stand out - you see them all the time nowadays only its a mobile they're staring at. Funny how things come round.

Good to hear from you and now I've found it I'll keep posting as things come back to me.

I think Ian Whittiker lived at the top of Milnrow Road next door to Reeds and John Birkett lived 3 doors below

Heenan’s was great

They would split a ten Park drive pack and sell you 5 (sometimes even one or two)

You should have gone to Leaches Steve - they used to sell Park Drive in packs of 5!

You should have gone to Leaches Steve - they used to sell Park Drive in packs of 5!

How sophisticated!

Shaw's had a free Beech Nut with every fourth turn didn't they?

How sophisticated!

Shaw's had a free Beech Nut with every fourth turn didn't they?

Beech Nut - the machine outside, you don't see them anymore. Didn't know about the free one though!!!

Beech Nut - the machine outside, you don't see them anymore. Didn't know about the free one though!!!

There was an arrow on the handle, and if the arrow was pointing towards you (which it never was) you got an extra pack

It's a bit like pressing button "B" in a phone box