Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Just to get the facts right,the coaches taking kids from Ecclesfield to Woodhouse Grammar were supplied by Hadfields and not Law Bros. They were also in green livery, however, so that's where the confusion may have arisen.

ok , could have sworn it was Law Brothers though , I'm talking about 1958-63

Have to say if someone had put me on the spot about Law Bros coaches colour I`d have gone for green and cream and was a bit surprised to see the orange colour scheme in the photos.

Red and silver for SUT and red and cream for Funiss`s at High Green

Seeing as we seem to have some coach officianados on here, what was that Furniss`s coach with the fin down the middle of the roof that used to take us to Chap baths, we all called it the rocket :hihi:

as i remember my dad said that george wilson( the father of duggie and george) saw a coach in a similair orange/cream livary and he liked it that much that he eventually changed the fleet when the new coaches came along,,the green was a great colour at the time but when the livary went orange the coaches was a real eye turner and they looked great,,a great choice of colour

Try this guys

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54894550@N08/

Then you can scroll through Richard's fotos page by page

thanks for posting my flikr link,,i hope it fetched back great memories,,i know laws was in s6 but they did work on parson cross as well,,anyone remember going on the colley club trip back in the early 80's,,there must have been 30 coaches including all the laws fleet,,i dont think colley do a club trip anymore but i could be wrong

thanks for posting my flikr link,

If you're posting a Flickr link Richard, copy the URL before you sign in. It should work ok then :)

Couple of memories that came back to me the other day.

The mobile chip shop that started up used to stop outside the Beagle,think it was Mr and Mrs Dimler off Dugdale Road that ran it lasted a couple of years and was was dead reight as it saved us the walk to Margetson shops

The plumbers van that had the company name on it

R. Sunter

Always made us adolescent lads giggle

ok , could have sworn it was Law Brothers though , I'm talking about 1958-63

No, I travelled on those coaches for five years or more around that period and they were definitely Hadfields

Couple of memories that came back to me the other day.

The mobile chip shop that started up used to stop outside the Beagle,think it was Mr and Mrs Dimler off Dugdale Road that ran it lasted a couple of years and was was dead reight as it saved us the walk to Margetson shops

The plumbers van that had the company name on it

R. Sunter

Always made us adolescent lads giggle

I remember the mobile chippy,caravan wasnt it? quite nice food, dont remember the plumber though. best winter memory is the slide down the

gennell all the kids on the estate must have gone on it like glass it was

and I cant remember any grown up complaining about us . I bet the kids

wouldnt be able to do it now.

Edited by TheBatt

If you're posting a Flickr link Richard, copy the URL before you sign in. It should work ok then :)

thanks bush i will deffo bear that in mind :)

Richard did you see my question about the Furness`s bus with the tail fin would you know what it was ?:huh:

I remember the mobile chippy,caravan wasnt it? quite nice food, dont remember the plumber though. best winter memory is the slide down the

gennell all the kids on the estate must have gone on it like glass it was

and I cant remember any grown up complaining about us . I bet the kids

wouldnt be able to do it now.

Old lass Ridge who lived in the house next to the gennel would chuck her ashes from the fire on it :hihi:

Old lass Ridge who lived in the house next to the gennel would chuck her ashes from the fire on it :hihi:

Would that be Fudge's mum?

Would that be Fudge's mum?

Depends, there was Steve Ridge who lived at the side of the gennel and Steve Rudge who lived further down the Crescent whos family moved to Shiregreen in the early 70`s (the loss of his sister away from Knutton broke the hearts of half the street ie the male population) both known as Fudge but I am guessing you mean Steve Ridge who used to go in the tap room? did he not pass a way a few years back ?

Edited by Chap BLADE