Trolls - What Do You Think?

How can I become a troll? I fancy giving it a go.

You have to wait under a bridge for goats, I think.

what or who is troll? Don't know what it means

Google, or Wikipedia, are your friends :D

Edited by Rich
Adding link to Wikipedia

Hey - I have a bag full of Trolls to sell if anyone wants them? I think theres about 15 or so

i enjoy reading them if they're good or amusing. its tiresome to hear the same psuedo intellectuals banging on about the same thing day after day. its at its best when one of these trolls has a go at this group. i remember one poster of old who was particularly good at this, long gone sadly.

what or who is troll? Don't know what it means

As I understand it, a Troll is a s**t stirrer.

Apologies if this has been posted but has anyone asked the Billy goats Gruff? :hihi:

Good comments, waxonwaxoff. We should be aware that a forum is an anonymous wordplay arena for the many different personality types that inhabit society in general. That anonymity can produce great honesty or encourage unacceptable behaviour. The thing is to try and remember that a poster can only hurt you if you allow them to, not always easy. The emotional off loaders, by wearing their heart on their sleeve, can be easy targets for trolls.

I had to stop and think about this, not just about what you have said, but also what waxon has said, then I sat back and thought.

I've disagreed with a lot of your posts, not saying I haven't understood, just not agreed with them (mainly all the bnp stuff).

Then I thought of the irony of your post.

No need to remember that people can hurt you, when it is better to remember they can't, morally, lawfully, legally or in reality.

There are simple ways of blocking out all the attacks, you pray to God for a forcefield of goodness to protect you when you raise your middle finger to activate it.

I haven't really seen many trolls on sf, not in the sense of what I'd call a troll.

The no trolling rules, no swearing rules, etc, tend to make sf an oreet place to discuss things.

Yeah you might get someone with views you think are plebish but won't we all.

Now in reality that means that they're Trolls out there, on the buses/trams, driving cars, dealing with paperwork as well as lizard folk, geez whats happening to the world.

I'm buying a battle axe and registering myself as a pest controller, I'll call my company "Troll Slayers", I mean there is no law against killing monsters is there?.

Edited by Digsy

I bet you're glad you got that off your chest Digsy, lol

i enjoy reading them if they're good or amusing. its tiresome to hear the same psuedo intellectuals banging on about the same thing day after day. its at its best when one of these trolls has a go at this group. i remember one poster of old who was particularly good at this, long gone sadly.

Would that be B--t--r--t? (not sure if we are allowed to mention his name)

Mod Note: As anticipated, this thread became less about the subject matter, and became a string of criticisms of these forums. Can I remind all that if you have an issue with a thread being deleted, moved, or trolled on, raise it to the helpdesk.

Closing thread now.