What happened to Corp?

epiphany

I'm aware of being biased here, but I remember (only about 4-5 years ago) when mondays and saturdays were ****ing brilliant. There used to be a really good variety of metal, from classic and mainstream to more underground/extreme.

Now it's all pop, indie, emo, rip-rap etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like some indie and pop, but please, not at Corp! Where else is there to go for your thrash and grind?

Disgruntled ex Corper :(

It started to happen a while ago. I became disillusioned with the place two or three years ago and wehnever I go now I know no one the music is pretty crappy and it just seems weird to be in a horrible sweaty place with nothing to amuse you. Saying that I went last Monday and the Friday just gone and enjoyed both times, but was with a groujp of friends both times. It seems to make the difference.

It saddens me!

It started to happen a while ago. I became disillusioned with the place two or three years ago and wehnever I go now I know no one the music is pretty crappy and it just seems weird to be in a horrible sweaty place with nothing to amuse you. Saying that I went last Monday and the Friday just gone and enjoyed both times, but was with a groujp of friends both times. It seems to make the difference.

It saddens me!

Did you used to go on your own?

Just wondering if it's worth me popping down next monday. Even if they just played some Slayer, Machine Head, Napalm etc. I'd be happy :)

Mondays upstairs its a weird amalgamation of drum and Bass, Dubstep and hip hop. Which normally I don't mind but it is the commercial r n' b that is played. As Sheffield's only alternate club, you expect alternate music. (Aside from Skool Disco)

I used to like that room on mondays! They'd play some good old hip hop. I noticed it get steadily more RnB'ified though. Haven't been in a long time so I don't know how it is now.