What happened to Corp?

epiphany

• 3 weeks later...
Still not made it to corp, should be going with my ex when I get back to Sheffield. Interested in the industrial/ebm, etc room on a sat. She's been told the place is full of teenagers these days but we'll see, heh.

Teenagers? Really?! So I take it they don't have an ID21 policy then :confused:

Am tempted to go tonight. It's 9pm so I have time to procrastinate a little. Music just looks a bit crap on the corp website.

I'm aware of being biased here, but I remember (only about 4-5 years ago) when mondays and saturdays were ****ing brilliant. There used to be a really good variety of metal, from classic and mainstream to more underground/extreme.

Now it's all pop, indie, emo, rip-rap etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like some indie and pop, but please, not at Corp! Where else is there to go for your thrash and grind?

Disgruntled ex Corper :(

Think you are getting too old mate. I felt like that with Corp when I got to about 18 or 19.

Music changes and Corp has always been essentially for teenagers.

I still go there for a change every now and then, but I always feel way too old (though not unwelcome because of it) and I'm in my mid-20s.

Still not made it to corp, should be going with my ex when I get back to Sheffield. Interested in the industrial/ebm, etc room on a sat. She's been told the place is full of teenagers these days but we'll see, heh.

Just your perception - it always has been and I've been going since it was on Bank Street a decade ago.

It's never been a problem because rock and indie kids are generally quite well behaved (just drunkeness, no real violence problem). I think there's a tacit acceptance by the authorities that it's actually quite a good place for year `11s and 6th formers to be on a Friday and Saturday night compared to the alternatives (the streets, or somewhere like Niche).

Monday has always had a rap hip hop room. Aswell as a metal room. I remeber going 6 years ago every monday, upstairs was rap and bottom was rock, side was heavy metal. BEen like that for as long as I remember. Also, side room was rap

/ hiphop on wednesday school disco and friday top room was like rock and rap.

But yeah when u reach 18 u begin to feel like an oap when @ corp :D

• 4 weeks later...
I'm aware of being biased here, but I remember (only about 4-5 years ago) when mondays and saturdays were ****ing brilliant. There used to be a really good variety of metal, from classic and mainstream to more underground/extreme.

Now it's all pop, indie, emo, rip-rap etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like some indie and pop, but please, not at Corp! Where else is there to go for your thrash and grind?

Disgruntled ex Corper :(

The councill tip?

Corp has gone so much downhill of late. I really don't know why I still go sometimes.

Can't believe the metal room is not shoved into the tiny crappy room while the Goth room is upstairs. I know I should be used to it by now but it still smarts.

I've not been on Monday for aaages, but the little room is good, really eclectic, and I don't tend to go anywhere else.

How depressing is it for an ex saturday corper to prefer friday nights now?