Can I Mount My TV Above The Fireplace?

I've recently redecorated my house and was wondering if its possible to place my lcd tv above fireplace without the heat 'harming' it in long run?

Thanks

perhaps a title change here is called for :hihi:

depends on your inside leg measurments.

When we had a gas fitter around we were advised that it is NOT a good idea as the heat will damage the TV. I said we dont use our fire and we've now actually had it capped off when we had our new boiler installed and that fitter also agreed that the tv should not be above a gas fire.

What a funny thing to want to do.Sorry but it made me laugh.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

If Big Brother is on why not place your TV in the fireplace?

Lcd = liquid cystal display, do you think its a good idea to have heat(which rises if you know physics) going into a LIQUID crystal display?

perhaps a title change here is called for :hihi:

Trust you penny :hihi::hihi:

Lcd = liquid cystal display, do you think its a good idea to have heat(which rises if you know physics) going into a LIQUID crystal display?

I think it actually has more to do with the extra stress put on electrical components when they are too hot. That's why a crucial part of design is to have sufficient airflow, ventilation and cooling. Putting the tv over a fire just means it'll have a shorter lifespan because components are much more likely to fail.

Are you really Shihtzu mad? What is it about them?

what do mean, :hihi:,

yes i have shih tzu's and i love em to bits, amazing dogs

Surely the answer's obvious - measure the temperature where you intend to mount the telly when the fire is on. If it's a lot higher than the temperature elsewhere in the room, probably best not to mount there. A few degrees higher shouldn't harm the telly.