Benefit Cutbacks

it wont happen. its just more nu labour spin. they have been saying things

like this for years. look at the pre budget speech, child benefit up.

says it all. last bloke to suggest cutbacks got the sack. (frank fields)

:D well i wont have spelt your name wrong because I dont recall posting anything directly at you ?

It was intended with post 24 in mind.:hihi:

Thebanginman- To actually work for somebody else?..they couldnt pay me enough

That maybe the case but many people get by on the minimum wage rather than doing nothing at all.

As far as I know that is the single rate for JSA,I know some people do get more but not to the extent what everybody seems to believe,or is it a case of..... my mate tells me that his mates mate cousins sister gets £500 p w on benefits,it just doesnt happen,as stated in my previous post,instead of picking on the vulnerable maybe you should seek the real people responsible,the ones that pay you a pittance and then take it back because they have given you the means to get anything you wish on credit ,not because you can afford it but because you are working and they cant lose because they will always own your house ,car etc until you have skint yourself paying for it.I wonder who the real idiots are,the ones who pay all their money out paying their loans etc off just to brag off what they have,nice car,42" tv etc or the people on benefits who have virtually nothing,cant get decent credit and if they want anything they have to scrimp and save to pay for it,maybe some of the ten bob millionaires ought to approach the scum on benefits and learn how to handle money.

And as for the tax payers keeping everbody,a hell of a lot of people on benefits have worked most of their lives and paid N I contributions,thats what they were intended for,very little actually comes from the tax payers

How can people who offer credit be held responsible? They dont hold a gun to your head and force you to take out loans.

The trouble is there is an underclass which are making a living out of the benefits system. There is no denying it, it is fact!. (I am not saying everyone on benefits is the same, because they clearly aren't).

This benefits class also seem to want what the working people have but don't want to work for it. Walk along a council estate nowadays and you will notice nearly every house has a sky dish, internet connection, mobile phone and own a car. A large majority will even have a modern car under 5 years old. You will find the kids generally have the latest games console and they often get takeaway. These are thought to be essentials to their human rights.

They will also expect to walk in to a well paid job without starting from the bottom (even though most will only have GCSEs as qualifications), as if it is their right. To get a job doing manual labour or an office clerk appears to be an insult to most.

You want to work for a pittance mate whist the employers are living it up thats your problem,just dont pass your grievances on to people with less than you,personally I wouldnt get out of bed for a fiver an hour never mind work for it,I can earn a hell of a lot more than that without going out of the house

This post just corroborates what I said above in my last paragraph.

At a time of real hardship I find the attack on the poor by a supposed Labour goverment to be a disgrace.Picking on the most vunerable is shocking and those MPs who vote for this ought to hang their heads in shame.:mad:

We are a rich country,we have our priorities all wrong.

This benefits class also seem to want what the working people have but don't want to work for it. Walk along a council estate nowadays and you will notice nearly every house has a sky dish, internet connection, mobile phone and own a car. A large majority will even have a modern car under 5 years old. You will find the kids generally have the latest games console and they often get takeaway. These are thought to be essentials to their human rights.

I'm so amazingly glad for this insight. I'd never realised it before, as I live on a council estate, and also I'm in a flat, not even a house or maisonette. I have all of the above (minus the car), and my kids have a games console too. Sometimes, we'll even have a takeaway as well.

Oh, but hang on, we're in a working household.

My neighbour has the same, and a car. Oh, but he's in a working household too.

My neighbours the other side have the same. Oh, but they're in a working household too.

My neighbour below has the same too. Oh, but he's a pensioner who has worked all his life along with his wife, so as far as I'm concerned, they're a working household too.

Please revise your blinkered thoughts.

They will also expect to walk in to a well paid job without starting from the bottom (even though most will only have GCSEs as qualifications), as if it is their right. To get a job doing manual labour or an office clerk appears to be an insult to most.

On what do you base this? Graduate unemployment is rife for a start.

This post just corroborates what I said above in my last paragraph.

Does it 'eck as like. It means that the poster legitimately earns more working from home than working for someone else whilst on the minimum wage.

basing it on the jsa people get

Person aged 16-17: £47.95

Person aged 18-24: £47.95

Person aged 25 or over: £60.50

then if people were made to work for there benefits they would only have to work for about 12 hours a week as the minimum wage is £5.73

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/#b

and its illegal to make people work for less than the minimum wage

basing it on the jsa people get

Person aged 16-17: £47.95

Person aged 18-24: £47.95

Person aged 25 or over: 60.50

then if people were made to work for there benefits they would only have to work for about 12 hours a week as the minimum wage is £5.73

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/#b

and its illegal to make people work for less than the minimum wage

Do you honestly think that a person with their own house, bills to pay and a teenage daughter staying the weekends can seriously live off £60.00 per week? I was in this position a few months ago after an hysterectomy operation. I returned to work and thought I would be better off but no I'm not because I get some of my housing paid the council and they can take everything off of me bar this amount so now out of just over £100.00 a week I pay most of my rent and council tax. I did get back to work benefit after 3 months dispute but my point is benefits should take account of your personal circumstances not your age. It's not surprising therefore that people aren't prepared to make the effort to return to work.

Originally Posted by Skatiechik

Anything less is classed as living below the poverty line isn’t it :rolleyes::rolleyes: or that’s what certain people would have us believe.

Mods. can we have a "bitching about benefits" megathread please? This probably the 5th thread this week on the subject! :loopy:

What about a 'Bitchin, about bitchin about benefits' thread? :D

Back to the serious matter though, there are job vacancies everywhere if people cant find a job they must really not be trying.

If I was to be unemployed I would take anything no matter how menial!!

________

YZR-M1

Edited by Bonjon

people seem to be stereotyping the people who get benefits as chavs or drunks and gamblers,there are thousands out there who work but their wage is so low that the benefit system has to make it up,there are again,thousands of people who are genuinely ill,then there are the thousands upon thousands of refugees we pay for,add that to the pensioners who have done their bit and it all adds up,but take away the billion or so pounds we give to the e u each year and the very rich who pay no tax here in britain and the benefit payments seem like pennies in comparison

What about a 'Bitchin, about bitchin about benefits' thread? :D

Back to the serious matter though, there are job vacancies everywhere if people cant find a job they must really not be trying.

If I was to be unemployed I would take anything no matter how menial!!

if it wasnt enough to live on no you wouldnt

Mods. can we have a "bitching about benefits" megathread please? This probably the 5th thread this week on the subject! :loopy:

not very often agree with you its getting silly now but then again some of you lot on here love to have a go at certain members of society:(