Benefit Cutbacks

It is a very interesting situation we have, the Government claim they have over 3000 inspectors out tracking down Benefit Cheats. Amazing, at a cost of £25000 per year each Inspector (conservative estimate), the cost would be around £75million a year! Plus other admin costs. I wonder just how much they save? At the same time, of the Top 700 Corporations in this Country, at least 150 of them paid no Tax last year. Perhaps if the Governemt allocated one Inspector to each of those Corporations, it would be far more cost effective!

Another side to this 'attack' on 'poor' people - We are obviously sliding into a deep recession and, when we come out of it, there will be a need for very 'cheap' Labour. This is another tool being used by a 'LABOUR' Government to force wages even lower. Everything this Government has done has been done to support the Rich & Wealthy, people like Bono, who pays no Tax in this Country ( there are others like him), all at the cost of the Workers! Even the so-called ' Middle Classes' are being seriously hit now, along with the 'Working Classes'.

Wake up UK to what is happening!!

Put whatever spin on it you like napretep, the bottom line is we can no longer sustain people drawing benefits over the choice of work. Ofcourse there are the obvious exceptions but I for one have always lived within my means and have never expected anyone to go to work to pay for the upbringing of my children and although would have loved a bigger family acknowledged that any more than two would be unaffordable.

Even so at times it has been a struggle but hard work and resourcefullness has pulled us through without taken on the easy option of getting someone else to pay.

I know many will disagree but I for one would have no problem shopping anyone who was a benefit cheat and think if you are in a position to work, and can get work, then you should get off your backside and get a life!

I am tired of paying for the homes, utility bills, sky tv, booze, fags and lottery tickets of the workshy.

Labour's announcement is too little too late.

its like about 4 year ago i was out of work and was having a baby on the way went to get a council house and of course was turned down then they told me if i rented privatly they would pay everything and i mean everything and then give me £190 a week but 2 days later i got a job i think we should stop only give benifits to people who where born in england and stop giving to all the imigrants if we went to there country we would get nothing then they would be no crisis now

I don't mind if this scheme only breaks even, that is costs incurred = the amount of fraud prevented.

Why should honest people struggle while those who cheat the system can live the life of Riley.

why is it that this is only going to affect Sheffielders ?

I don't mind if this scheme only breaks even, that is costs incurred = the amount of fraud prevented.

Why should honest people struggle while those who cheat the system can live the life of Riley.

exactly why should people who work hard have to pay for scrubbers and thiefs

its like about 4 year ago i was out of work and was having a baby on the way went to get a council house and of course was turned down then they told me if i rented privatly they would pay everything and i mean everything and then give me £190 a week.

are private rents capped or can you just say "i am living in this £750pcm apartment. please can you pay this for me and £190 pw on top?"

actually, what is this £190 pw broken down as? do people really get this much. no wonder country has gone to dogs.

On the basis of an 8 hour day, I believe people on benefits should be made to contribute to society somewhat more proactively than with just "seeking a job", on the basis of their past contributions.

That could occupy at best/worst (depending on POV) 4 hours a day, in a controlled environment (Job Center), the remaining 4 hours to be something community service-like.

E.g. "on the basis of their past contributions" = if they always were on benefits, never contributed anything "to the pot", be put to work 6 hours and search job for 2, and if they contributed lots before ending up on benefits, less work and more job searching (on the understanding that people who contributed lots have higher likelihood of finding work quicker, therefore start putting into the pot again quicker).

The alternative would be, don't do the work bit. But then benefits would be cut back in proportion (only paid for the hours spent at the Job Centre looking for a job), or even none at all.

Just common sense, really, when you think about it.

I am mildly offended by bendeanwragg's post. I was not born in this country, have never drawn any form of benefit here or anywhere else, and have always paid my way and more. You could do worse than reign in your aircraft carrier-sized broad brush, M'lady :mad:

lived within my means and have never expected anyone to go to work to pay for the upbringing of my children and although would have loved a bigger family acknowledged that any more than two would be unaffordable.

The voice of common sense, you don’t hear that enough, perhaps common sense should be put on the national curriculum.

i think we should stop only give benifits to people who where born in england and stop giving to all the imigrants if we went to there country we would get nothing then they would be no crisis now

Wouldn’t it be great if it was that simple:roll:, if you got rid of all the “immigrants” who is going to do the basic wage jobs, perhaps a work for welfare scheme? :thumbsup:

Wouldn’t it be great if it was that simple:roll:, if you got rid of all the “immigrants” who is going to do the basic wage jobs, perhaps a work for welfare scheme? :thumbsup:

Few years ago i was on the dole for 5weeks.When signing on, i could not believe the amount of ethnics who came in spent about 20 seconds on the job computers signed on and strolled out.I have seen people jumping out of work vans to sign on and taxi-drivers.

Before anyone jumps down my throat for only mentioning Ethnics,i know our own are just as bad.

I thought Boris Johnson was a decent chap,but even he is leaning towards an amnesty for the 700,000 or so illegals to stay in the country.Who's going to pay for this lot?ME THE HARD-PRESSED TAX-PAYER.:rant: