Community payback hi vis jackets to be worn.

Do you agree with the hi vis vests that says 'community payback' on it?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the hi vis vests that says 'community payback' on it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not too sure.

I have just heard people on the news, the do gooders saying the hi vis vests what the govt are talking about making people on community service wear are not fair and like going back to the dark ages. Members of gangs that are wearing them could be targetted and feel threatened. God save us from the do gooders.

I wear a hi-viz vest when doing field work in my area :huh:

I have just heard people on the news, the do gooders saying the hi vis vests what the govt are talking about making people on community service wear are not fair and like going back to the dark ages. Members of gangs that are wearing them could be targetted and feel threatened. God save us from the do gooders.

It could be worse, in Rwanda prisoners accused of genocide are dressed in pink

This morning on the news they were saying about introducing hi vis vests for people who are on community service. It says on the back of the vest 'community payback'.

Do you agree ?

Name and shame them in the papers would be good as well

This sounds like half a story again :rolleyes:

do you need to wear a hi-vis vest if you're dishing up dinners at a retirement home?

I've done 60 hours CS before and I actually enjoyed it....but IMO that was a good thing. I was unemployed and it got me used to a work ethic and, when one CS leader used to ask for me as he knew that I was the only one who would take a pride in wallpapering where everyone else hated it, and do a good job...I think it did me a favour.

It's not all about "shaming". The rehabilitation worked for me, BUT I do feel that I am in the minority.

But from personal experience, I am not too sure what difference a vest would have made. And with others there who were proud of their crimes, again, I don't see a vest making a jot of difference.

they should give this type of punishment to speeders fine points and CSO.

Some liberal do gooder will say it violates their 'uman rites.

Don't want to upset the little cherubs.