The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

You know Springvale road? - Fairly near there - so my options are, to drive down there, or, go intot broomhill in the morning i guess. That is of course if i can get off my road! Problem is, yes it's fresh snow, but it's settling on ice :help:

i meant most of the roads were free from ice before it started snowing, so it should be fresh snow on them? the pavements will be fun tho!

getting off my drive way is my worry, gotta back out over an icey and snowed on pavement at 5am, hopefully it wont hang around too long eh?

roads look fairly ok at the minute anyway

Met Office Weather forecast: Yorkshire & Humber

Headline:

Snow clearing slowly northeastwards overnight.

This Evening and Tonight:

Continuing cloudy through the evening and much of the night, with outbreaks of snow. A widespread frost is then likely later in the night as the cloud clears. Minimum temperature -2 °C.

Monday:

A mostly dry day and with most places seeing some sunny spells and with a slow thaw of lying snow. Becoming overcast in the south of the region later. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Continuing cold. Some sunny spells and also sleet or snow showers on Tuesday and Wednesday. Perhaps still a few wintry showers on Thursday.

Well on Radio Sheffield it said it was going to be dry and sunny monday guys so dont panic.

the damage is being done now

People.....this is it for snow, for possibly the rest of the year until winter :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/local/derby.shtml

Location Incident Report

A57 [snakepass] Bamford

both ways between A6013, Bamford and Hurst Road closed affecting all driving lanes

A57 Derbyshire - Closed both ways between the A6013 junction and the Hurst Road junction in Bamford, because of snow.

Last updated: 8th February 2009 at 20:03

A628 [Woodhead Pass] High Peak

both ways between A6024, High Peak and Tintwistle open affecting all driving lanes

A628 Derbyshire - Ice both ways between the A6024 junction and the A628 Woodhead Road junction in High Peak, because of snow.

Last updated: 8th February 2009 at 19:54, ending: 9th February 2009