Tesco, Abbeydale Road- Credit Crunch Cut Backs

It is not that dimly lit; what sort of accidents do you anticipate them having?

There was one time I tripped over a carton in the drinks aisle and left a trail of tomato juice running all the way to the tampons section. Caused some confusion, that did.

Wonder if that was why the cold meat counter was shut at 6pm last night - I was disgusted

This doesn't surprise me at all. Tesco is desperate to make as many savings as possible. They have recently been losing market share to Aldi and Netto etc. and for this reason their like for like sales this year may not rise!

Terry the Chief exec is not a happy man...

They have a range of cheaper items at the moment that they're pushing to compete with the likes of Aldi but craftily in with these standard price goods i.e. sugar and sunflower oil so people think these are on offer too and they're gettign a bargain, they're not.

Also when I went yesterday they had very little catfood, rice or cereal on the shelves at 6pm. What going off there then?

Whilst I'm on the subject whingeing about Tescos their biscuit selection (being a connesieur) is dire, really bad....

Plus point though there staff are fab....

Tesco on Ecclesall Rd. don't sell their vanilla biscuits anymore. Have they got them at Abbeydale?

Granma.

we should all take leave out of there book sae where can on power it carnt hurt

in somerfield today, the beer fridge was switched off. i assumed it was faulty, but after reading this, maybe not?

Tesco on Ecclesall Rd. don't sell their vanilla biscuits anymore. Have they got them at Abbeydale?

Granma.

No definately not, they just have digestives, rich tea, custatd creams, nice, just the basics (which are repeated in their basics range) and the odd 'luxury' bics.....now Sainsburys or Morrisons have the best in my opinion, or any Fox's biscuits........making me hungry now!:hihi:

I was at Tesco, Abbeydale Road this morning and they had lots of ends full of basic buy stuff, not to impressed by this to be honest, if I wanted basic stuff I would be shopping at Netto or Aldi, I noticed that some of the usual stuff I buy was missing, probably to make way for the cheaper range, I hope Tesco doesn't turn into a budget supermarket. I have always valued it as one of the better quality stores.

Dunno about basics, they have just got rid of their mid-price cat food, which was good quality and reasonable price - £1.99 for 12 100g packs. They have replaced it with so-called 'premium' cat food, £3.99 for 12 80g packs and it's nasty runny stuff, no chunks. The cats are not happy. :(