The Kevin Keegan Megathread

Snook

Football365 are reporting he has been sacked, but it hasn't been confirmed.

I don't blame him to be honest - the board seem to want him to work miracles without giving him much to spend, or much control over how it is spent, and expect him to be ok about them trying to sell players behind his back.

He's on a hiding to nothing if he stays.

EDIT: Guardian also says he has left, but doesn't say he was sacked.

They could learn a lot from their local rivals Middlesborough. They have shown what can be achieved with a good chairman, a decent youth system and faith in a young manager.

Two years ago, they looked awful and I think they'll surprise a lot of people this year.

Who'll go to manage Newcastle now? Especially after they treated Allardyce so badly and have apparently undermined Keegan as well?

It was seen as a 'poisoned chalice' when Allardyce took the job. My money would be a on a foreign manager.

It was seen as a 'poisoned chalice' when Allardyce took the job. My money would be a on a foreign manager.

it was certainly seen as risky move by him but the speed at which they turned on him and then got rid of Keegan as well has meant there's absolutely no doubt about that any more and that if anything the new owner is even worst than the previous lot.

As for foreign managers, surely anyone dumb enough not to atleast check out Newcastle's recent history and promptly turn down the job wouldn't be up to the job anyway.