Scenes in films that you just like...

EdnaKrabappe

This is different to the cinematography thread in that this is just a scene that you really enjoyed - it doesn't have to be clever or well shot.

As i imagine most of the menfolk of the forum won't have seen this film and ALL the womenfolk I've known who've seen it, love this scene and fall in love with James Marsden as a result, here's one from me. Keep watching, the first minute is chickflick but then it gets better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-sBDhD2utg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The scene in The Usual Suspects when Verbal has left the police station and Agent Kuyan is drinking his coffee and looking at the notice board........then the dawning realisation strikes him, the mug drops from his grasp and breaks...he dashes from the room...we see the name on the bottom of the mug.........Kobayashi

The scene in Mask of Zorro where Antonio Banderas does the Zorro "Z" with his sword on Catherine Zeta Jones's top, and she hurriedly grabs his hat to cover herself up! In fact most of the CZJ scenes in Mask of Zorro, I've fancied her rotten since she was in Darling Buds of May in the late 80s... :love:

There's a scene in Buffalo 66 where Vincent Gallo and Christina Ricci are lying on a bed and she gently coaxes him to hold her hand. It's incredibly touching, you really have to watch that film. I can't believe I missed it out of my top films list the other day!

I remember being completely blown away when I first saw the ballroom scene in Beauty and the Beast. I doubt it's that impressive though now as technology has moved on that much.

So with that in mind, and as the Usual Suspects has already been taken, I'll say the scene in Pirates of the Caribbean when Jack Sparrow sails in on the rapidly sinking boat. :)

Anything with dodgy dancing. Think Starsky n Hutch, American Pie the Wedding, Napoleon Dynamite... something about it just gets me. Is it Bring It On (the cheerleading film) that has the big dance off at the end? The horror of admitting that I actually like the moves, and I'm not just perving over cheerleaders...

Anything with dodgy dancing. Think Starsky n Hutch, American Pie the Wedding, Napoleon Dynamite... something about it just gets me. Is it Bring It On (the cheerleading film) that has the big dance off at the end? The horror of admitting that I actually like the moves, and I'm not just perving over cheerleaders...

That scene in Napoleon Dynamite is class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1w1HS06tpI&feature=related

Two scenes from the film "Witness" with Harrison Ford. The famous Barn raising scene with the wonderful evocative music and no dialogue but where a lot is told.

Then the scene in another barn (barns feature heavily in this film!) where Ford dances with Kelly McGillis to the Drifter's track "What a wonderful world" (?). Such understated eroticism!