BNP megathread (again)

If the quote I used is a pack of lies Halibut why then has every thread on here regarding the meeting been deleted.

Says it all really doesn't it.

Whoa - easy tiger! I never accused you of posting lies, I just asked for the source of the quote. What was the source, you haven't said?

As regards your point about threads being deleted I'd imagine that'd be because people weren't able to post within the rules, as often seems to be the case with these types of thread.

What do you say to my point that claiming what happened here is like the worst of Mugabe/Zimbabwean politics? Pretty hard to see that as anything other than a gross exaggeration is it not?

If the quote I used is a pack of lies Halibut why then has every thread on here regarding the meeting been deleted.

Are you intending to imply that political pressure has been brought to bear on the pages of SF? Surely not. Would you care to expand on that idea - or will you claim that your free speeech is so stifled that you can't? Hmmmm......

the bnp should be allowed to hold meetings wether you go is up to you

Of course they should.

But democracy also requires freedom of speech. It seems the public were so disgusted that the BNP were going to use the venue, they exercised their rights to freedom of speech and convinced the venue to cancel.

I have no concerns about democracy being subverted. What happened is a consequence of democratic processes we all hold dear. Freedom of speech works both ways.

Of course they should.

But democracy also requires freedom of speech. It seems the public were so disgusted that the BNP were going to use the venue, they exercised their rights to freedom of speech and convinced the venue to cancel.

I have no concerns about democracy being subverted. What happened is a consequence of democratic processes we all hold dear. Freedom of speech works both ways.

Catch 22 though by expressing their right to express their freedom of speech they denied the participitants in the meeting their right to express their freedom of speech

Catch 22 though by expressing their right to express their freedom of speech they denied the participitants in the meeting their right to express their freedom of speech

Sorry Glam, disagree - they might have denied the folks at the meeting the ability to talk at that particular venue at that particular time, but they could easily rearrange another date and another venue, could they not?

Surely a meeting can be arranged if enough people want it - but in an appropriate venue? Perhaps they could try Rotherham? I say that because there are now 2 BNP councillors - and Maltby and Brinsworth/Catcliffe aren't too far away. Perhaps find out which venues they used for their campaigns?