Ear piercing for children in Sheffield - where is best?

There`s no minimum age for piercings. I`m taking my niece on sat to have the top of her ear done and i asked the same question as i thought i would have to sign a consent form. The guy told me that you can get pierced anywhere and at any age.

"I decided to let my little girl, have hers done for hols, as it should be the child's decision...Hate to see little babies at a few weeks old having them done...that's cruel and not fair on the child."

I think your wrong puddingburner...you are responsible for your child's welfare...not your child!...If you can do it to a 9yr old why not do it to a 1yr old. I don't see the reasoning behind your argument...they are both incapable of seeing the consequences of their actions. The only difference is one THINKS they can.

I was just about to ask is 10 too early for ear piercing, then I remembered I was 10 when I had mine done! Think it was somewhere in the market, but it was a very long time ago, and ears still fine now. Athough I never wear earings anymore!

what will you call it when your 11 ?.

The same...abuse!

Mum made me wait until I was 16 - but I talked her around and got it done 6 weeks before my 16th as I wanted wear nice earrings on my birthday.

I called it a small victory.

The same...abuse!

ah well........

They did`t want permision from my mum when i had my nipples pierced. Mind you i was 40 at the time :hihi:

I know there are certain places that won't pierce under a certain age, although there are many that flount it regularly.

There is an arguement both ways for what age to have ears pierced. Personally, I was 12, and then when double piercings came in fashion Mom wouldn't let me have them done again, sooooooooo, I did them myself, and suffered with lopsided piercings since LOL

If a child wants their ears piercing then I see no problem, in fact having the first ear pierced generally is easy, it's getting them to sit still for the 2nd that's the hard part ;)

I know there are certain places that won't pierce under a certain age, although there are many that flount it regularly.

There is an arguement both ways for what age to have ears pierced. Personally, I was 12, and then when double piercings came in fashion Mom wouldn't let me have them done again, sooooooooo, I did them myself, and suffered with lopsided piercings since LOL

If a child wants their ears piercing then I see no problem, in fact having the first ear pierced generally is easy, it's getting them to sit still for the 2nd that's the hard part ;)

That must be because of the intense pain they find themselves in.

Unlike some parents i dont like the idea of hurting my kids for the sake of fasion.

i was ten when i had mine done and i was the one to choose. i think ten is old enough for something as small as having your ears done

i also vote mr personalitys had a few piercings and my tattoos done there and theyve all been fine and turned out great :)

Isn`t there a mention in another thread about a shop that does ear piercing while you wait? Or leave your ears with us and call back later :hihi: