BBC Radio Sheffield

I think the bigger and more worrying aspect is the disregard that RS and generic BBC management have paid to listeners enquiries. A number of folk (and myself) have directly contacted the station to ask what is happening about the breakfast show and so far there has been no response, which, for a publicly funded service is very poor at least. I have been a loyal RS listener for many years and supported The Toby Foster Return campaign last time. This time however I have grown tired of the evasion, it is a curtain call too many. I now listen to Steve Bailey for a quick news catch up first thing and then over to Radio 4extra which is properly entertaining and no game playing

I think the bigger and more worrying aspect is the disregard that RS and generic BBC management have paid to listeners enquiries. A number of folk (and myself) have directly contacted the station to ask what is happening about the breakfast show and so far there has been no response, which, for a publicly funded service is very poor at least. I have been a loyal RS listener for many years and supported The Toby Foster Return campaign last time. This time however I have grown tired of the evasion, it is a curtain call too many. I now listen to Steve Bailey for a quick news catch up first thing and then over to Radio 4extra which is properly entertaining and no game playing ��

Agreed, its very poor. They have taken the decision to suspend him so should be answerable.

No, the reason I don't comment is that there are some people on this thread who are being very rude about some of my colleagues, which is unfair and unfounded. Radio Sheffield is full of hard working folk who, just like everyone else, are delivering a great service with fewer resources than ever. I'm proud to be part of that team.

I'm currently working my tripes off pulling Wentworth Music Festival together. It's a massive do, and we want to get it right. I now know more about regulations and red tape than I ever thought I'd need to.

It's going to be a fab day, come and enjoy it.

After that, I'm back on't wireless in June. In the meantime I'm doing the school run listening to Paul.

Obama out.

No, the reason I don't comment is that there are some people on this thread who are being very rude about some of my colleagues, which is unfair and unfounded. Radio Sheffield is full of hard working folk who, just like everyone else, are delivering a great service with fewer resources than ever. I'm proud to be part of that team.

I'm currently working my tripes off pulling Wentworth Music Festival together. It's a massive do, and we want to get it right. I now know more about regulations and red tape than I ever thought I'd need to.

It's going to be a fab day, come and enjoy it.

After that, I'm back on't wireless in June. In the meantime I'm doing the school run listening to Paul.

Obama out.

Roll on June :)

Well that's good news then. ! I wonder why they don't just tell us that on Radio Sheffield . Maybe they did and I just missed it ?

Yes maybe you did miss it Rony made a brief announcement yesterday which went on for an hour and a half :D