Is there ever a time to take pleasure in someone else's misery?

I'm fine with a little schadenfreude or karma playing out, but only if I've had no part in the scheme. If I was the one who caused it then I may well struggle with my guilt complex so I tend to avoid it and leave it to others (unless it's something serious like a crime in which case it's a job for the police and I'd cooperate with them).

I remember driving along with me dad in his car and this bumwad was riding in his BMW an inch from the back bumper for a few miles, then he decided to overtake, scaring the crap out of drivers coming the other way, and disappeared into the dust. A few miles along the road and we saw him again, his car wrapped around a lamp-post.

Agreed! Theres nothing quite as satisfying as a good old gloat is there?

Even that word: Shardenfreude...Shaaaardenfreuuuuude has a nice ring to it, its one of those words that you can really get your teeth into and relish.

Absolutely mate, I often burst out laughing as an instance of my Machiavellian handwork comes to mind often years later.

Friends chatting about 'old times' regularly bring up plots that I carried out and quite frankly its hard to believe some of the things I've done in my life, the conversation usually goes, Nah I didn't do that, surly not, oh yes you did, and you did this as well just to rub it in.

I'm a great believer of a good old fashioned victory dance, along with the gleefull shout of "In your face!" with some pointing, but only when it's a jokey situation to begin with.

Although I nearly shouted it this morning:hihi:

You upset me.....

• I watch
  • I wait
  • I'm polite
  • I stick to the rules
  • You may even think I've forgiven and forgotten

...and that's your biggest mistake because when you're pushed into the depths of hell, through the hole you dug for yourself, the last face you'll see is mine - and I'll be smiling :D

For some strange reason - I frighten people :huh:

You upset me.....

• I watch
  • I wait
  • I'm polite
  • I stick to the rules
  • You may even think I've forgiven and forgotten

...and that's your biggest mistake because when you're pushed into the depths of hell, through the hole you dug for yourself, the last face you'll see is mine - and I'll be smiling :D

For some strange reason - I frighten people :huh:

I love your post - I'm a great believer in that too.

Karma does come around so beautifully, I've always found...

StarSparkle