Forced marriages in the news again

Judging by the divorce and infedelity rates among non muslims I think arranged marriages are more successfull
But have no data with which to back it up, there are far too many variables involved. Correlation does not imply causation.

And in any case, divorce rates are not a measure of how successful a marriage is, only how many marriages end in divorce. Cultures that have arranged marriages tend to also have a much greater stigma on divorce, so people are much more likely to stay in a bad marriage, for fear of shame and in some cases ostracism.

Also, infidelity rates? As if they're going to be accurate!

they may not be to other cultures tastes but then we muslims find eating pork just as distastefull as you find arranged marriages.
The difference being you find eating pork distasteful for absurd religious reasons. By the way I don't find arranged marriages distasteful in principle, just odd and as has been said, rather sad. I mean c'mon, getting mummy and daddy to find you a wife? If you just suggested that to me without me ever having heard of the concept of arranged marriages I'd probably laugh in your face and think it was a joke! Edited by flamingjimmy

Successful due to being threatened with tarnishing the family name or even worse, threatened with death if refusing an arranged marriage.

If that's the case then its a forced marriage, not an arranged one, you dullard! Keep up!

Yes Bazooka - the disgusting practice of female infanticide exists because female life is worth less than male life in India. It's foul and medieval that it should still occur. What do you want from me? I admit it.

If we are to ever get anywhere in relation to race relations in this country we need more honesty like this...

Judging by the divorce and infedelity rates among non muslims I think arranged marriages are more successfull,they may not be to other cultures tastes but then we muslims find eating pork just as distastefull as you find arranged marriages.

There's nothing wrong with divorce. Would you sooner spend your life with someone if they were not happy? That's a much bigger crime...

Infidelity rates are much higher than admitted in the Muslim community in this country. For example I've lived in a red light area and have seen it for myself. Although, I could assume that the black cab drivers were all single, but I won't...

If that's the case then its a forced marriage, not an arranged one, you dullard! Keep up!

Pressure is put on and well you know it, it is disgusting that a young woman raised in the UK is for want of better words conned into going to pakistan and once there finding herself the victim of an arranged marriage.

There are too many example of this disgusting backward practice where following honour killings can be linked due to the bride being unhappy.

Pressure is put on and well you know it, it is disgusting that a young woman raised in the UK is for want of better words conned into going to pakistan and once there finding herself the victim of an arranged** marriage.

There are too many example of this disgusting backward practice where following honour killings can be linked due to the bride being unhappy.

** There's nothing at all wrong with arranged marriages; these cases aren't arranged marriages. See flamingjimmy's post.

What's wrong is a forced marriage- as is kidnapping and (even more so) murder dressed up as 'honour' killing.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

** There's nothing at all wrong with arranged marriages;

You may not think so but it is rather pathetic for you to allow your parents to arrange your marriage, what a nerd any male must be having to have someone else arrange your marriage.

How disgusting to virtualy kidnap a schoolgirl on a con trip to Pakistan and then exert emotional blackmail and pressure.

How disgusting these Ego so called honour (if they knew what honour meant) killings are.

I'd sentence the murdering scum to be injected with pigs blood.

Some people think using dating sites or shows to find a partner is sad but each to their own eh.
But you don't get pressured to commting to marriage on the first time you meet.

Judging by the divorce and infedelity rates among non muslims I think arranged marriages are more successfull,they may not be to other cultures tastes but then we muslims find eating pork just as distastefull as you find arranged marriages.

My bold= only because divorce usualy ends up with an honour kiling.

Why don't you eat pork it is a creature that God created?

Why don't you eat rats testicles?

Why don't you eat horses?

I see your talent for wild speculation and gross exaggeration hasn't left you...