Forced marriages in the news again

Stop talking drivel, arranged marriages are fine and successful, just because you think it is disgusting doesn't make it so.

Do you actualy know what an arranged marriage is and if you are going to spout your usual bile then don't bother replying.

Then tell us why the girl in question drank bleach over in Pakistan in an attempt to commit suicide.

Why did her parents murder her for refusing the marriage?

My wife worked as a telephonist with a girl who was leaving to go to Pakistan for an arranged marriage she was in tears and said she didn't want to go but her parents had threatened to make one of her sisters go in her place if she refused.

Not drivel or bile, just pointing out a disgusting, obscene practice.

BTW How long before you tell us about the bleach?

Send me a message to my earlier Qs

Still trying to decypher it, I'm sending to Blechley for an enigma code breaking machine.

Arranged marriages are not even something totally unique with the sub continent nowadays as there have been various groups set up to help parent(s) choose the right partner for their son/daughter if the search has been going on for years.)

I think it's sad when a grown person has to use someone to find them a spouse.

Then tell us why the girl in question drank bleach over in Pakistan in an attempt to commit suicide.

Why did her parents murder her for refusing the marriage?

My wife worked as a telephonist with a girl who was leaving to go to Pakistan for an arranged marriage she was in tears and said she didn't want to go but her parents had threatened to make one of her sisters go in her place if she refused.

Not drivel or bile, just pointing out a disgusting, obscene practice.

BTW How long before you tell us about the bleach?

Both the marriages you mention in my book are classed as Forced marriages and your post that i replied to said arranged marriages are disgusting.

I am against forced marriage myself and see nothing wrong with arranged marriages if done properly ie both the bride and groom like each other are are willing participants.

What can i tell you about the bleach, bit of a stupid question isn't it? :roll:

I think it's sad when a grown person has to use someone to find them a spouse.

Some people think using dating sites or shows to find a partner is sad but each to their own eh.

Some people think using dating sites or shows to find a partner is sad but each to their own eh.

More sad than having mummy do it? really?

Both the marriages you mention in my book are classed as Forced marriages and your post that i replied to said arranged marriages are disgusting.

I am against forced marriage myself and see nothing wrong with arranged marriages if done properly ie both the bride and groom like each other are are willing participants.

What can i tell you about the bleach, bit of a stupid question isn't it? :roll:

My bold...

I find it hard to believe that both parties would like each other and be willing participants if they had any other choice.

More sad than having mummy do it? really?

My bold...

I find it hard to believe that both parties would like each other and be willing participants if they had any other choice.

Judging by the divorce and infedelity rates among non muslims I think arranged marriages are more successfull,they may not be to other cultures tastes but then we muslims find eating pork just as distastefull as you find arranged marriages.

They do have other choices, don't be a fool.

Judging by the divorce and infedelity rates among non muslims I think arranged marriages are more successfull,they may not be to other cultures tastes but then we muslims find eating pork just as distastefull as you find arranged marriages.

Successful due to being threatened with tarnishing the family name or even worse, threatened with death if refusing an arranged marriage.

They do have other choices, don't be a fool.

Tell that to those young ladies found dead