Holiday advice required - anyone been to Turkey?

Hi, been all over the me, now struggling for ideas on where to take my family on holiday.

Would love to hear from people who have been to Turkey - I hear mixed reviews about holidaying in Turkey. I've been considering Olu-Denis.

Also what is weather really like in May and October?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Anyone been to Lykia World in Olu Denis

How does Turkey compare to Greece, Cyprus, Spain - do you favour Turkey?

Many thanks

Matt

I went to turkey for the first time last year and had the most wonderful time (stopped in Paloma Club Sultan). I think Turkey is more "international" than a lot of other european countries but for me it made it a better experience - there was more international food, drink and entertainment. I went in August and the weather was just perfect. The people were very friendly when I had a major problem with my travellers cheques one of the staff members drove me to a bank and interpreted for me which he really didnt have to do as he had just "clocked off" his duty rosta!

I'd give it a go - the duty free shops are fab! £10 for a litre bottle of Bombay Saphire Gin!

we went to marmaris in may last summer the weather was hot and sunny got a big market in marmaris town centre get all your snide lables jeans £10 for 3 nike shirts good quality too the only probs i had was with my 17 year old daughter they would not leave her alone got offered 5 cammels for her at market !! we stayed at club julian complex just outside town centre riding on the dolmus busses to town is a whole new experiance you think our transportis bad wait while you go on 1 of those lol but on the whole we enjoyed it the kid who bothered my daughter went for a un-planned swim on the last day of our hols lol!! very cheap to eat out too t bone steak £20 for two with drinks included kids meals for free just shop around and dont be afaid to barter with them for anything if you think its too much just walk away and on to the next 1 they usually call you back anyway best of luck steve

Don't go to Alanya unless you speak German. the hotel we stayed in was fine but all the menus in the resort were mainly in German.We were the only Brits in the hotel,2nd week a French couple came.

Went to Istanbul in the middle of October last year and it was still warm. As you're considering somewhere further south, the weather shouldn't be any problem.

Found the Turks to be very friendly people.

(Still prefer Greece though)

Ichmeler is a top resort. Ten minute bus ride (hold on tight) from the bustling Marmaris but a little quiter and more scenic. Very clean resort and the locals will do all they can to make your holiday a special time.

Booked for two weeks last August with http://www.Perfectholidaychoice.com and paid under £1200 for a family of four.

Turkey is still very cheap for drinks and eating out so take advantage before they join the EEC and it all goes through the roof.:)

I've had a couple of great holidays in tukey over the past few years. Last year when I was there I remember saying that I didnt think needed ever to go anywhere other than Turkey for everything I wanted in a holiday! I guess like any what you get some what depends on the luck of the draw. Matching the resort for your requirements is also important. If you want clubbing dont go to a family resort and vice versa!

Personally, I loved the place!

Try this web site for more info; http://www.turkeyline.com/

Dave

ive been once and that was enough for me..beautiful country but i found the people to clingy and smarmie..for ever touching the kids and being too nice for my liking.....also not the most hygenic people ive come across,iwent into a kitchen by mistake in a restaurant (i was looking for the closet) to be honest ive never seen nowt like it..proper filthy.

i went once and it was the worst holiday ever couldnt walk anywhere without people trying to get you into there restaurants or sell you things

We wnt to Turkey last year. The country is nice and the weather was very hot-just a bit too hot to sunbath in. We went around july time and stayed in Hisonoru near Olu Deniz which was very nice. The beach at Olu deniz wasn't very nice so a trip to the laggoon was a lot better as the water is so calm and shallow.

The only thing that would put me off going to Turkey again was the long journey. It takes all day literally. You have to drive to Manc or Birmingham Airport the a 4 1/2 hour flight to Turkey then from there its another 1 1/2 hour drive to the resort so it is very tiring and it does affect you holiday!

Hope this has helped but also i hope it hasn't put u off, Turkey is still a nice country with very friendly people.

Yes i've been to T*****.......unfortunately 2 of my fellow football fan's also went,to sample the 'magic' of 'european football' in Is****** and never returned home to their families !

Stabbed to death,all in the name of supporting their team.

Personally i cannot understand anyone wanting to go to a place where 'knife culture' is just an everyday part of life.

I for one will NEVER return to that place ....and know many other people who won't go as well !

Lanzarote is beautiful, give it a try !

I went to Side (small town an hour from Antalya) a couple of years ago. I'd definitely go back to Turkey. The restaurant people leave you alone once you've got a bit of a tan. The beach wasn't particularly nice (big though) but we stayed in a family-run chalet/ hotel complex. The least friendly people we met there were the bar staff of the stupidly over-priced English owned places.

Saw no signs of trouble, but because of what happened to the two Leeds fans, I certainly didn't feel I could wander round at ease in a footy shirt