BBC Sports personality of the year.

Whatif wewin

Pick your choice for sports personality, add another if you wish.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your choice for sports personality, add another if you wish.

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Ricky Hatton
    • Joe Calzaghe
    • Frankie Dettori
    • Jonny Wilkinson
    • James McFadden
    • Jason Robinson
    • Other

I should think so aswell.

Lewis has been the best thing to happen to F1 in years, certainly this millennium.

But now he is getting too big for his boots saying he is going to live as a tax exile abroad. He has made it then acting a big time charlie. Give me someone down to earth like Ricky Hatton anytime

I should think so aswell.

Lewis has been the best thing to happen to F1 in years, certainly this millennium.

or sinc shumacher, or fandango, or any number of amazing racing drivers.

He's good and he's made it interesting this year but he's not a legend and he's got alot of years before he can qualify to be one.

Hamilton- No contest at least he has a personality.

Yeah but I would rather give it to somebody who has proved they are best in their sport this year and Hamilton has proved he is not by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the final race of the season. Then he moans about the people following him and hassling him for autographs saying he has had enough so wants to go and live in of all places switzerland, famous for...................................clocks and...............................................mountains and ................................ sorry cant think of owt else. Let the arrogant prig go and live there as a tax exile thats the real reason

As predicted in the Calzaghe thread.This will go to a loser in a sport sic where the only thing that makes a winner is who can build the fastest machine

I believe that Calzaghe really has a fighting chance, especially after his wonderful performance last week.

Ricky Hatton's fight is to take place the night before the awards so all he can do is perform well and he will get many of his fans voting for him.

The vote is on the night, from viewers, so no problems there then:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Whoever wins they will not be in the studio to collect the prize. Hatton is in Vegas fighting, and both Hamilton and Calzaghe are going to watch. Rumour has it that the BBC are sending replicas of the three trophies over to Vegas to be presented by video link.

How can you know who will win, it could be someone entirely different ?

Rumour has it that all the Scots will be voting for Scot Carson for some unknown reason.

I suspect Lewis will win it, although in my opinion he wouldn't deserve it.

Problem is.... I'm struggling to think of someone who does....? Maybe we should give it to whomever it was in the FA who signed the form to sack Steve Maclaren from the England job ;)