BBC Sports personality of the year.

Whatif wewin

Pick your choice for sports personality, add another if you wish.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your choice for sports personality, add another if you wish.

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Ricky Hatton
    • Joe Calzaghe
    • Frankie Dettori
    • Jonny Wilkinson
    • James McFadden
    • Jason Robinson
    • Other

In this country we seem to prefer heroic failures over people that actually win...

England Rugby Union Team - Didn't actually win anything but beat a team that did...:confused:

Yeah, i know what you mean. Even accepting that it's a sports 'personality' ceremony, i still can't understand why the cycling team didn't get it (if 'personality' applies to the team award).

I didn't watch the show and frankly, don't know what cycling team won what. Even if you go to "other sports" on the BBC website there is no mention of cycling. Perhaps there should be but the fact is that the RU team featured a lot more in the public consciousness than the cycling team.

yea, but ultimately the england rugby team won the same as the scottish, welsh and irish rugby teams...i appreciate that it was a great effort, but they're hardly all household names

Agreed. Great effort, BUT the purpose of elite sport (whatever the sport) is to WIN. Not come second or third or no where.

I am sure the Aussie team won't be getting an award for a "good performance" against England.

Was Ricky Hatton a little drunken last night, he seemed to be?

Do you mean before or after the fight?

If you mean after the fight, it is called being 'punch drunk' , any one would be after being punched around the head for ten rounds.

I think I must have been drunk, I eventually came off the fence and bet on the fight to be drawn at the odds of 22-1.

What a waste of £5, I should have known better. :(

Do you mean before or after the fight?

If you mean after the fight, it is called being 'punch drunk' , any one would be after being punched around the head for ten rounds.

I think I must have been drunk, I eventually came off the fence and bet on the fight to be drawn at the odds of 22-1.

What a waste of £5, I should have known better. :(

The thread is about Sports Personality of the Year, so i mean was Ricky Hatton drunk on Sports Personality of the year? :hihi: Didnt think the fight went 10 rounds? Sure it was the 8th! :gag: